1. THE INVITE ☀️

Leo

☀️

I had been selected! Me!

There were over two hundred and fifty candidates across several colleges in London, each and everyone of them likely more talented than me.

yet here I was, a letter in land from the Archdevaoun, one of London's most prestigious art galleries.

'dear sir Leo bright'

ooh very posh. I think, I wouldn't know.

'we have chosen you as one of our selected candidates for the gallery display night on the 9th of may'

That was only a week away!

My hands were shaking! With excitement? Nerves? I wasn't sure but I knew I was grateful for such an opportunity!

This was more than just a step up the artist ladder that's for sure.

I had always wanted to visit just as a guest, so suddenly having the opportunity to be on the other side of the fence and actually be able to present my work was incredible!

My stomach was full of nerves. I was full on energy, I felt like I needed to do the funny runs that dogs do when there excited.

Zoomies? I think there called.

Who am I kidding I'll be out of breath after two laps of the house. Not that I had a big house I just didn't like running.

And now I'm nervous rambling.

I had been trying to get my art into the world since I had began college a little over a year ago.

It's safe to say my admittedly, lackluster posts on Instagram had not done the trick, with the only likes being from family and some college friends.

It wasn't until two months later I had realised it was a private account.

oops.

But this was bigger than social media.

This was prestigious and real. Expert artists from around the world gathered to witness what some of the best had to offer.

The archdevaoun had held a competition every year for art students across multiple colleges to submit an application to receive the chance to showcase their art for one night.

Only three people are selected every year.

Safe to say I was very happy.

I was so engrossed in the reading that I hadn't noticed Lola, my golden retriever, had jumped on my bed and was now attempting to smother me in kisses.

I rolled back laughing "Lola get off, I know, I know I love you too"

Her tail was wagled as she reluctantly got off of me and instead layed down on the foot of my green bed covers rolling over exposing her tummy to be tickled.

I obliged giving her celebration scratches.

My phone vibrated .

It was Lia one of my closest friends since I was seven years old.

'wellll? Did you get the letter? Don't leave me hanging here!' her message wrote.