2. THE NIGHT ☀️

Leo

☀️

"How are you feeling my darling?" my mum asked as she tightened up my tie.

I had done it fine the first time but my mum had to correct it.

Was this a universal mum experience?

"Nervous actually, you don't need to tighten my tie anymore, it's strangling me mum " I laughed

"Oh I know I know I'm just nervous for you, but you'll be fine" she said smiling.

Mum was a nurse and she worked more nights than she did days. So while I would be presenting my art, she would be at work at the hospital.

It meant we didn't see each other much, at least in the evenings.

I had pre-maturely visited the archdevaoun to drop off the paintings that would be displayed for tonight, but I still have no idea what to expect.

I only went their briefly, but from just that visit alone I could already tell that it was a very grand art gallery.

The event begins at seven pm and ends at midnight so I knew I would be exhausted by the end of it.

I'll probably be running off the adrenaline and nerves most of the night.

And pizza. That was a big help too. Food was a blessing sometimes.

Lola sat beside me wagging her tail and smiling. I knew she agreed that's for sure. But as long as what she was eating was not the furniture, I didn't mind.

And yes dogs can smile I don't care what anyone says.

Mum would drop me at the archdevaoun, but I would have to get the bus home later on which was not ideal but I didn't mind.

The time was quarter past six so it was time to go so that I could give myself some time to prepare myself as well as beat the typical terrible London traffic...

Making it their on time would probably be best if I wanted to make a good first impression.

Apparently the event itself, will mostly just be people walking around admiring the different artists works, and then occasionally ask questions if they would like.

So luckily I may be able to save my voice a little.

Phew.

And I had been practicing my smile and nod.

Just in case.

___________________________________

Twenty minutes later we were here.

A small crowd had already began to form around the main guest entrance.

Everyone looked incredible, women in beautiful silk tight dresses and luxury brand clothing, meanwhile all the men wore incredible suits and tuxedos tailored perfectly to them.

Unexpectedly there was also quite a gathering of paparazzi, keep to photograph any visiting celebrities and infamous artists, that were in attendance.

Flashing pictures further illuminated the tall extravagant building that was the archdevaoun.

It seemed not only were the artists being interviewed but celebrities and influencers too. Some in which I recognised.

Was I out of my depth here?

"Don't overthink sweetie, remember you got here for a reason, and it's the same reason those people are here so you have nothing to worry about." Mum reassured me.