4. BRIGHT 🌑

Armando
🌑

The night of the event
Seven pm

I wished to murder whoever came up with this idea.

And something tells me it was this fucking idiot next to me.

"Stop sulking it's purely for appearances, you're not expected to become an art connoisseur" Enzo continually reminded me.

Despite being a childhood friend he was also my associate, when did he get the nerve to demand what I am to do.

Due to a recent incident... My position has become more into the question as of late.

Where I had been working hard behind the scenes, the stage had apparently gone dull and the audience bored.

And usually I could give a shit about what any person thought about me, I knew better than to care about their opinions.

But Enzo has insisted that I start making more appearances to solidify my leadership.

A load of bullshit if you ask me.

Everything has been running smoothly and we have never been better off.

Mostly because I avoid distractions including this art exhibition tonight.

"We don't have to stay long just walk around, let people murmur between themselves and let's get out" he droned on.

"Ask me to do one more thing and you're dead" i said seriously, glaring at him from behind me.

That should 'solidify my leadership' better than any appearance.

Much easier too.

He's lucky we've known each other for a long time, and although he annoys the fuck out of me I know that I can trust him.

Eventually the taxi arrived at the archdevaoun, so I stepped out and slammed the door behind me before Enzo could get out.

"Armando!" I heard him shout behind the door, attempting to pull the door handle.

I ignored him and walked on alone.

Approaching the entrance many people made way for me and cameras flashed in my direction.

Some people tried to stop me for questions, but I simply walked on pushing past them, ignoring them entirely.

I despised the attention that came with this job...

Especially that of nosy strangers who needed to learn to keep to themselves.

But it was the main reason I was here, show face, look around, leave.

A simple plan.

______________________________________

I had been here over an hour and had grown bored.

Enzo eventually caught up but split off again shortly.