☼ TEN ☼

"One of th-those scary monsters attacked her from underground!!" One of the villagers trembled in fear of Sukuna.

"Dammit," He whispered under his breath, noticing the veins in your arms appear oddly colored. You were poisoned.

"Sukuna!" Sei cries out over the crowd and goes to your side, inspecting your poisoned arm. "She was poisoned?"

Sukuna grimly nodded as he searched through ways to quickly and painlessly help you. This wasn't just any poison that consists of herbs and acids, this was a curse's poison which is an entirely different deal.

This girl right before him, he'd never imagined that he'd come to care so much for you. It scares him, now having someone to worry about losing and could potentially be used against him in the future. But that didn't matter right now, right now he wanted to save you.

Sei takes out a pearled necklace from her pouch and wraps it around your poisoned arm. She swarms with cursed energy and the pearls glow, but they somehow crack. Sei curses aloud.

"Whatever poison this is, it's too strong for me to purify." Her strained face twists in fear for her dear friend.

Sukuna sighs and gently raises your arm to his mouth. If sorcery couldn't remove the poison, then Sukuna would just have to manually remove it.

Sei stops him, "You'll die if you ingest it!"

Sukuna rolls his eyes with a click of his tongue, "I'm not just any sorcerer. Don't worry about me."

With that, he places his lips over the cut on your arm and begins to suck the poison out of you. (Sukuna vampire au when⁉️ 🫣🔥) Despite its bitter taste, Sukuna didn't stop drinking until all he could taste was your blood.

"Look! It's disappearing!" One of the villagers point at your arm.

Sukuna doesn't stop, not until you regain consciousness and feel his soft, warm lips against your flesh. Despite almost meeting death, your first instinct is to slap him off of you.

"AAAH, GET OFF ME YOU DEMON!" You cry with your face cherry red.

"I JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME?!" Sukuna fumes.

You jump to your feet although your stance was a bit wobbly, "How do I know you weren't trying to kill me!"

The villagers all kindly protest to you, "No, no! You've got it all wrong, Miss! He was drinking the poison out! He saved your life! He really did!"

You turn to Sukuna who was bashfully wiping his mouth and looking away. Your heart skips a beat and you feel butterflies in your stomach.

"R-Really? He did?" Your gaze doesn't leave Sukuna's.

He rolls his eyes, trying to act nonchalant, "Don't get any ideas. I only did it because you have my respect, we are allies," but the flush in his cheeks says otherwise.

Sei spins you around, "Are you okay? Your arm is swollen and you look pale. Come to the infirmary with me, I need to patch you up."

You wince, clutching your throbbing arm now that the adrenaline has worn off, "You're right, thank you, Sei."

The two of you quietly pass by Sukuna who doesn't move. It wasn't until you were a few steps past him that he grabbed your attention.

"Mortal," He calls out, his back still facing you, ". . . Good work out there."

You softly smile and continue following Sei to get properly healed.

- - - -

Sukuna admits he cares for you, but it's not out of love or friendship, YET (muahahahh)

It's only out of respect and alliance, you've proven your worth to him and earned his attention as well as his approval.

Sukuna believed he was incapable of love, be it for his dark past or it is just in his evil nature, he has never felt love and never will. So then why does he grow excited to see you everyday? Why does he often find himself taken aback by your beauty? Why does his heart skip a beat when you're so assertive?

Although the relationship has improved so far, Sukuna must not forget why he is here in the first place. He needs to find a way out and a way in Aokigahara for his alliance outside the walls.

Does that make Sukuna a spy? Yes.

Does that mean he's a traitor? Yes.

Will the village feel betrayed? Yes.

Would you be heartbroken if you ever found out?

...

Also yes.

Sukuna winces at the thought of you staring at him with teary eyes, your expression twisted in anger and hatred after discovering the betrayal.

The sorcerer clenches his chest where his heart resides, and struggles to get over that heart breaking image.

She can hate me all she wants. She's nothing compared to the large bag of gold he'd earn from this mission, let alone the thrill from burning this village to the ground. A small version of him with horns and wings rests on one shoulder . . .

But if you were to stop the incoming invasion and protect the village from being destroyed, she'd definitely marry you. . . . While another with angel wings and a gold ring rests on the other shoulder.

As the two bicker, Sukuna couldn't help but imagine you in the finest silk. A beautiful long white gown that hugs your figure as you carry a bouquet of the rarest flowers. Sukuna finds himself imagining giving you the world. The two mini Suku's snap him out of his thoughts.

Sukuna swats them away, he'll think about it later. These emotions, these pitiful feelings are only part of being human, once he becomes the most powerful sorcerer of all, and possibly a god, those putred sentiments will never get in the way again!!

At least, that's what he thought . . .

- - - -

Guysssss I know I know (⁠〒⁠﹏⁠〒⁠) my updates are really slow

There's about three weeks left in the school year!! Even tho the AP tests and SBACs are done, there's still finals for semester 2 to complete ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ

Gonna kms

Anywaysssss fanart!!

This piece, drawn by yours truly, was referenced from Sukuna watching his two mini Suku's arguing~

Pfft I drew this on the back of my math assignment (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

For any of you who want to submit fanart, feel free to DM me and I'll share my Instagram account or whatever works for you. Your art will be posted with your @ (optional) at the end of any previous chapters.

Anyways I'll HOPEFULLY come out with another chapter this week (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧