32

👑 NEIL 👑

When Ava told me about going to the party, I was confused, why would she be going to Knight's? I know that Brad's are willing to save the sinking boat of Knight and the party is to celebrate their partnership. Brad invited us which as usual I was about to reject but tonight I'll go there because I don't want Ava to face those leeches on her own.

I called Edmund to see if he knew about the party or the reason for Ava attending it but he didn't answer.
Why do I feel that things are not going right?

Anyway, I quickly finished my work and left for the party. Ava had already left before me.

The party was so boring and since I don't attend such parties ever, these low-life businessmen were hovering around me like bees.

"Mr Atkins, it's so good to see you here. Please feel yourself at home. I hope you are enjoying it as I have arranged everything in this event." I hate this screechy voice.

"Who the hell are you?" I shouted but in a low voice.

"Oh silly me, I forgot to introduce myself, I am Celine Knight, only heiress of Knights Empire."

Empire, it's more like a dying company on the verge of bankruptcy. Who are you kidding girl?

I ignored her and looked around in search of Ava. I hope she is fine.
This Celine is not getting the hint and is annoying the shit out of me.

"Mr Atkins, my father is looking for a groom for me. But don't worry I'll decline everyone and wait for you."

"Then wait for 100 lives because even after that, I won't marry you. Now get fucking lost from here." I shouted at her.

"You look upset today, I'll talk to you next time." This girl is sick like her parents.

God 5 minutes with this girl and I don't mind murdering her. Now I know why King doesn't want to be associated with them. Edmund and Avaline are gems but their family is coal.

Lights got dim and the spotlight was focused on the stage where Mr Knight and Brad were standing. Mr Knight held the mike and said,

"Thank you, everyone, for joining us today, We are celebrating the partnership of Knights with Brad. On behalf of Knights, I assure Mr Brad that he will be happy he made this decision. And to solidify our bond, I present my daughter to Mr Brad to accept her as his wife. So please welcome my daughter, Avaline Knight."

What the fuck is going on here.

Before I could interfere somehow, Avaline was already on the stage, they both exchanged rings and she left the stage. I tried following after her but she was nowhere found. Dammit, she wasn't even answering her phone.

I went out of the venue and waited for her to leave the Knight's mansion. I know Ava would never willingly agree to this sham but seeing her on the stage turned my blood cold. I hated every second of it. And her appearance, she looked caked and fake like that Celine. Her innocence and beauty were covered in the layers of makeup.

She came around 10.30 and was walking alone on the with her head lowered. She didn't look in her senses.
Silly girl walking on her own at this time. I followed her with my car and stopped my car in front of her. I got off, held her hand and dragged her to my car. I made her sit in, She didn't stop me as if she didn't even know what was going on around her.

"Miss Avaline look at me," I said but it was like my voice didn't reach her ears. So I said louder this time,
"Miss Avaline."
She got startled and looked around, then her eyes landed on me,
"Mr Atkins?" It was more of a question. What is this girl going through?

"Avaline what happened at the party." When I questioned, it was like she got a flashback.

"No-nothing that concerns you. I'll be on time tomorrow."
Saying this she was about to exit the car but I held her hand and started driving.

I didn't know where to take her so I drove us to my penthouse. She didn't say anything and was lost in her thoughts for the whole ride. I have to find out what's wrong.

I took her inside and made her drink some water. Then she realised that she was in someone's house. I could see the panic in her eyes.

"Avaline, this is my house. You are safe here. Just tell me what's troubling you. I promise you can count on me."

"You won't help me." She stated.

"Try me," I said loud and clear, looking into her eyes.

"It's about your rival Edmund King."

"What happened to King? Tell me now Ava." I didn't wanted to but I raised my voice.

"Why do you care?" She shouted back.

"God dammit Ava, he is not my rival but my best friend. He is more than a brother to me."

"Wh-what?"

"Now tell me what's going on."

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

Flashback

"Hey, don't decide so soon. Talk to your brother about it first." Mr Knight said and handed me his tablet.

The video presented a disturbing scene where a man purposefully rammed his truck into an oncoming car, clearly intending to cause a collision.
The car appeared to be in a state of disrepair. Subsequently, the footage zoomed in on the person involved in the accident.

My heart stopped pumping.

Ed

My brother, my life.

He was bleeding so badly, I wanted to run to him.
Mr Knight snatched the tablet from me and laughed at my crying state.

"That's an isolated place, no one can help your dying brother, except me. Agree to the engagement and my men will take him to the hospital." He said.

"I will do anything, just save Ed right now, please. I'll do whatever you want." I went to my knees and pleaded to the cruel man who once was my father.

"Obedience suits you now get up and in 10 minutes, you'll exchange rings with Brad."

Flashback ends.

I narrated everything to Mr Atkins and he was looking like a mad bull. He took out his phone and called someone,

"Peter, you have one hour I want the exact location of King. Check for the hospitals in Utopia." Then he turned to me.

"Avaline, I know what you are going through but trust me I won't let anything happen to either of you." I nodded at him and felt relieved that at least someone was there with me.

"Thank you, Mr Atkins."

"Avaline call me Neil, we are not in office. And I'll show you the guest room, you need rest it was a long day. Don't worry about Edmund, he will be fine, I make that sure."

In the guest room, I prayed for Ed's safety before sleep engulfed me.

I woke up at 6 the next day. I was thirsty so I left the room looking for the kitchen.

Mr Atkins was already sitting there working on his laptop, looking ready for the day.

"Good morning Avaline."

"Good morning Mr Neil."

"Come sit with me, I have something to tell you." He said to me.

"Yes."

" We have found Edmund, but "

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

Sorry it took me so long to update but I had a series of bad days and I found it impossible to write when my thoughts weren't stable. Thank you for your patience, though.

QOTD: What's your favourite holiday destination?