Chapter 8 - You Make Me Happy

Its 10th day on the island. Everyone condition became worst, almost all lost their hope.

The only thing that make them happy is Freen and Becky.
Watching them, teasing them is their favourite time pass.

As the girls couldn't seperate from each other for long, they thought is better to told their friends about their arrangement.

Everyone is happy to heard that Freen is courting Becky, and most importantly they like eachother. Everyone know before but hearing from their mouth make them more happy.

But, Irin is little bit concern about the whole situation, so she took a chance and talk with her best friend.
"Beck, are you sure that she will break off the engagement"
"She said she will"
"I am not against it, but please Beck be careful ok."
"Uhmm I will, don't worry"

"I am happy for you, I know you two like eachother. But what if her parents doesn't allowed her to break off the marriage.
From what I heard, her family is very strict.
I love you Beck, and I don't want to see your heart break, what if she can't cross the line with her parents. What if she couldn't go against her parents.
They are very rich family, I heard from P'Nam. 
I don't doubt about P'Freen but her family"

Becky smile weakly, she know Irin is right, she too have some uncertainty about it. 
Everything about them is so different, in social hierarchy, financial status, everything.

But she want to believe Freen's words, she already fall for the older woman.

"Rin, I know you love me, I love you too. Don't think too much. We will see when time came and we even don't know when will we go home."
"Yeah, I want to go home"
"Me too I miss my family"

"OK don't let anyone break your heart, you are strong woman, Beck"
"Uhmm, thank you for holding my back"
"I love you"
"I love you more"

Becky hugged her best friend. Irin is not totally wrong. She know how Freen live her life before, always on the shadow of her family, she can't do anything of her own. Freen's life path is already crafted by her family, she just walking on there.

Becky took a deep breath and put that though somewhere, she doesn't want to overthink about it.

"I want to eat something good, Oh my God "
Nam is about to go crazy because of the boredom.
"Why you punishing us God, what did we do, please tell us"
"Nam are you crazy?" Noey asked
"Yes, I am. Aren't you?"
"Cool down, buddy cool down"
"I can't, look at me. Do I looked like me, I know I am not"

"Phi, you are still you, still beautiful"
Becky said

"Becky sweetheart, you are the only one who care for me, help your sister's boredom, I think I will go mad.
And I want to eat something good, oh God"

"OK, P'Nam don't worry, last time I saw mussels on that side. Let's go we will hunt some"

Becky pointed around the corner where the ocean meet with rocks, where waves crash against rocks.

"OK, Who want to join me and my sister, we are going for mussels hunt, Yaaay"
Nam boardem is all gone in minutes. Her friends rolled their eyes.

"I see so many rolled eyes, if you don't want don't come"
Nam announced

But Most want to come as they don't have any work, what they do is just simple laying on their back.

Heng, Noey, Non, Freen joined.
Irin and Baitoey will stay back.

When they reached the place, everyone except Freen went to the water.
Freen didn't go to water as she is scared saying what if something bite her from under water. She just looking and encouraging them. Becky is most expert in digging mussels.