VinCha (Vincenzo)

Cha – Young’s POV

”So how was the party?” That was the first thing Mr. Nam asked me as I stepped foot into our office.

“It was fine, nothing unusual,” I reply nonchalantly while taking a seat at my desk. Mr Nam has a look of disbelief, he leans over the table, removes his glasses so now we are face to face and says “You’re hiding something and I’m going to find out what.”

Surrendering I decide to tell him that Vincenzo was there and that we spent the evening together. He started jumping up and down clapping his hands, begging for me to tell him everything that happened, so I did leaving out the part he confessed his feelings and the multiple kisses that I still dream about.

If only things were different.

***

It’s been two weeks since the last time I saw Vincenzo and I miss more than I thought I would. The first time was tough but now knowing how he feels and how I didn’t tell him about my feelings makes me miserable considering I don’t know when I’ll see or hear from him. I know he owns an island but I don’t know where it’s located so that is a dead end.

“What are you doing lying on the floor and is that Vincenzo’s lighter?” Mr Nam asks shocked, seeing me lying on the floor playing with a golden lighter that I may or may not have stolen from Vincenzo when I lived with him.
“No,” I reply quickly hiding it in my pants pocket, this is why I love wearing pantsuits. Women's clothes need pockets.

Standing up Mr Nam gives me a light pink envelope with my name written on it in cursive Roman alphabet. Inside I find one first class to Malta, one boat ticket and an address written in Italian. A smile makes its way to my face knowing that only one Italian could have sent me this.

Well, it looks like I have a vacation to pack for.

***

The day has finally arrived and I can’t wait to see Vinny. For his safety, since he is still a wanted fugitive I decided to not tell the residents of Geumga Plaza where I was going. If they ask about me, I’ve instructed Mr. Nam to tell them I’m going on a vacation to Hawaii.

“Be safe and bring back a souvenir for me.” Mr Nam says as we part ways after our hug.

I fly out of the door due to how excited I am, I take a taxi to the airport and check-in. My flight is due to leave in an hour and boarding is supposed to start soon but I try to not be annoyed and to think of Vinny’s face when it's announced that our flight is delayed for another hour.

Think happy thoughts.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity we are airborne, there is no one sitting next to me and I’m thankful since I can’t handle loud noisy people and the worst of it all are loud rowdy children. This flight is overnight and I’m super thankful to be in first class since the flight attendant could easily transform my seat into a bed-like form. I slowly drift asleep dreaming about a certain Korean-Italian lawyer.

I’m awoken from sleep when I hear the captain telling us to put on our seat belts as we are about to land. I quickly scramble out of ‘bed’ change out of my pyjamas, and moisturise my face and lips. When I look like a decent human and the bed has been turned into a chair once again I finally take my seat.

Even though I’m excited to see Vincenzo again, I’m a little bit worried since I don’t know Maltese and I hope that English is also spoken here if not then I’m doomed and I’m going to murder Vinny when I see him since he brought me to this island knowing I don’t speak their language.

My plans for Vincenzo’s death are put on the back burner when I see an Italian man in the arrivals lounge holding a sign with my name on it. “Hi, I’m Hong Cha-Young.” I introduce myself holding out my hand. This man takes out his phone, places it next to my face and starts comparing the image on his phone to me. Well someone clearly thought ahead.