𓊈 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟎𝟕 𓊉

⚠︎ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE ⚠︎

Cale accidentally blurted out his main thought out loud

"Ahem...my apologies"

"Don't worry, it's a normal reaction..."

Roksu was frowning, avoiding Cale's gaze. Amelia approached them looking nervous.

"Young Master Cale, I have a favor to ask you."

'Favor? Me?'

"Please don't treat us differently just because we're royalty, it's... the first time that while we're dining, riding, even just talking... we're treated like that."

'But I didn't do anything?'

"When we had that breakfast, you spoke to us without trying to make a deal, or flatter us too much, you treated us normally."

"Why would I want to make a deal? And trying to flatter someone is too much work and too many words to say"

'And it's fun to make fun of your brother'

Cale thought, he would say it out loud if some guards with sharp swords weren't watching him.

The words said by Amelia, well, Princess Amelia, seemed like nonsense to Cale making him look at her as if she were crazy, to him who was raised from childhood to have a lot of respect, but he stopped following that teaching at the age of nine years, this was absurd, why do nobles seek more praise than they deserve?

It is totally exhausting to live with the expectations of others.

Although he didn't know it, that look that silently asked if Amalia was in her right mind, reassured both brothers, being part of royalty, they never believed that they would meet such a person as Cale Henituse.

"You are without a doubt someone special"

"Huh?"

Cale was confused, what is special about talking inappropriately with royalty? He was brave, yes, but special? Not at all, Cale was doing something that could lead to his death.

"We sacrifice our entire lives for the crown, you know? Roksu more than anything since he is... the most suitable in the eyes of greedy nobles"

Amelia looked at her brother, seeming to apologize for naming something he hated.

There was nothing special about sacrificing everything for something.

Cale was probably the one who unknowingly understood these two the most.

Cale sacrificed everything for his family, he sacrificed his happiness and a supposedly healthy relationship with his father.

He is willing to sacrifice his entire life for them, change his behavior in public and lie about how he thinks it was nothing as long as they have a sincere smile on their face.