21 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ touch her and you die

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌘 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

twenty-one

'Who needs guns to kill when we have words.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌘 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

PAUL

Where am I?

Everything seems fuzzy for a while, and I can't feel (Y/N)'s warmth anymore. The sounds of clanking metal slowly wake me up, and a rough voice catches my attention.

"We'll drop them in the desert."

Mom is gagged, her hands tied behind her back. Ankled bound.

"Let the worms have them."

Shocked, I look to my right to find another other trooper, and another speaks.

"Why don't we just cut their throats?"

My gaze darts to Mom before I look down, only to look up and find my wife in front of me. She doesn't look okay, and every part of me wants to hug her.

And to kill these bastards for laying a hand on her.

"We could face a Truthsayer." The first trooper says as he walks to the cockpit, and (Y/N) and I look back to find a third trooper walking from the back. 

"We can say we didn't kill them." The second replies.

Mom manages to move one hand out into the open, signing to both of us: 'the scarred one is deaf.'

Deaf? That could help.

The ornithopter takes off as one of the ships drops down a ball of light, quickly shooting down a barrage of flares that light up the sky and leave destruction in their wake.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Heading outside the Residency, Duncan follows the Sardaukar, crawling on the edge of a landing pad where a Harkonnen military ornithopter has landed. The aircraft is protected by several guards.

He steps out of hiding, brutally cutting the other four by the throat without mercy.

The remaining Harkonnen soldiers back up, nervous, as Duncan yells with anger. "To hell, dogs!"

He watches the men back away from the ornithopter and quickly climbs in with a scowl. He gets it into the air, quickly firing rockets on Harkonnen Troop Transports, causing them to desintegrate into flames.

In that second, a shot is fired and he's hit, but the ornithopter's shield protects him. The alarm beeps as he flies through the remains of Arrakeen, a blue beam of death chasing him and wrecking havoc.

He dives down underground, circling the wall as the beam stops, only to start chasing him again as he makes it through a tunnel, stopping just at the entrance. He spins the ornithopter around, heading into the clouds, before he dives down with speed.

Inside the Residency, hundreds of soldiers stalk the halls, the sky nothing but an orange glow of fire and death.

Among the group is Dr. Yueh, now a hostage to the men.

And the only thing that anyone can smell in the air is the terrifying and sweet smell of death.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦