SEVENTEEN|GOOD 4 U

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN "maybe i'm too emotional"

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"maybe i'm too emotional"

diana
narrative & text

DECEMBER 27th 2022
UCONN

the last 7 days of diana's life have been some of her best. she had a great christmas with her friends then she had another great christmas with caitlin's family. diana and paige had been texting every second of every day, they also facetime when ever they can. even though diana had such a good week there was something that didn't sit well with her. her parents.

diana hadn't heard from her parents since may but the day before christmas they ask her if she was coming home for christmas. diana hasn't been home since before her freshman year of college. so her parents asking if she was coming home was not only odd but also upsetting for diana. diana tried to not think of her parents. the topic of them always made her feel uncomfortable. she didn't get upset about them and there addiction that much anymore but them getting brought up just didn't feel right.

diana and caitlin were heading back to iowa. caitlin had a game the 29th and she wanted to get back in the gym so she doesn't get out of shape even though she goes to the gym every day, no matter where it is. "are you excited to go back home?" caitlin asked the girl in the passenger seat. caitlin's childhood home was just a couple of hours away from iowa city so they always just drove. well caitlin drove, she didn't trust diana's driving.

"yea, i miss everyone but im also going to miss your family." diana replied back. diana was always upset to leave caitlin's family. they were her family too. caitlin's parents loved her like a daughter and caitlin's siblings loved her like a sister. that was something diana never had, a family.

even though diana was always upset to leave, this time she was extra upset. her parents had confused her so much and it got her overwhelmed which only made her upset. "you know that there not just my family, they are yours too." caitlin says back hating when diana calls it caitlin's family and not there family. caitlin and her family do everything in there power to make diana feel apart of the family. "i know, im sorry." diana replied back with a small smile. "are you ok? i know that you are always a little upset when we leave home but this time you seem really upset." caitlin questions the girl, as she notices the mood her friend is in.

"my parents, they texted me the 24th and asked if i was coming home for christmas. that was the first time they texted me since may. as you know i haven't been home since before freshman year. they never asked me about that either. i haven't responded yet because it just made me upset i guess." diana says looking out her window not wanting to let her friend see her tears rolling down her face.

"hey look at me." caitlin says grabbing the girls hand. "it will be ok. i don't know why they would text you but you do not have to respond ok. that is totally up to you. they can't expect you to talk to them when they haven't tried to talk to you since may. they also can't expect you to go somewhere you haven't been in years. i will be here for you, no matter what you do ok." caitlin tells the girl looking back and forth between her and the road.

"thank you." is all diana could manage to get out. even though diana didn't know if it was a good choice she decided that when they got home she would text her parents back. diana didn't know what she would says but she was going to say something.

family group chat

mom
honey are you coming home for christmas

dad
we would like you to come

diana
hey, i know it took me a couple days to respond. i was trying to figure out if i should respond and what i should say. i think i'm just confused on why you guys are texting me after not for so long and why you want me to come home when i haven't been home in years and you guys didn't even ask why i wasn't coming home.  i obviously wasn't going to go back to your house because i was at my home where i go every break. i just want a answer.

mom
god you are such a brat. we try to be nice and ask you to come home, which is really where you belong but you don't even acknowledge us and know you are implying that we want something from you just because we wanted you home.

dad
this is why we don't talk to you. you are a bitch 24/7. we wanted you home because we wanted you to meet your baby brother but now you are not allowed back in this house. i knew i should have kicked you out when you said you were gay.

diana
love that baby more then you love drugs and alcohol.

*diana has blocked mom & dad

diana was a mess. she had been called a bitch by her own father who also said he should have kicked her out when she came out but the thing worse of all is that they had another kid. diana's parents didn't even take care of her when she was young. why would they have another kid, why would they ever do that to a kid.

"diana, hey breath." caitlin says running into diana's room as soon as she heard her crying. "hey you need to breath, if you don't you are going to throw up. breathe diana." caitlin says trying to calm the girl down. it wasn't working though. caitlin knew that she wasn't going to be able to calm her down. there was only two people in the world that could do that. those people were kate and paige.

as soon as caitlin heard crying she immediately texted kate to come over and she texted paige to call diana. she didn't know what would happen first but she knew that either one would help. "answers your phone." caitlin says handing the phone to the girl see who it was that was calling her.

"hello." diana tries to says through her sobbing state. "diana baby, i need to to calm down please. i know what ever it is, is hard but i need to breathe so you can tell me so i can help you." paige says slow and relaxed. "it my parents." diana says just as kate walks in.

"what did they do to you baby." paige says back concerned for her girl. paige knew the relationship between the girl and her parents. "they had another kid paige." diana says leaning into kate's arms. "i just need you paige." diana says. she really did need to be in paige's arms. they hadn't seen each other in so long that diana almost forgot what it felt like. "i'll be there tomorrow baby." paige says going on to her computer to book a flight to her girl as soon as possible.

_____
heyy yall
i wrote this in one sitting so if something doesn't make sense thats why 😆😋😁🤞🏼
i won't be updating the rest of this week but im going to try and update at least 4 times next week 😚
vote and comment
anyway enjoy
~ness🐙