|seventy|

Today's Question: Propose an ending for Huzaifa and Unaiza.

Answer it for today's double update. ❤❤

The first time he saw her was a chilly morning in the December when he was playing football with Haider in their garden. Even though the weather was cold, however, the warmth and excitement the game was generating in their bodies were enough to not let them feel it. Haider had kicked the ball from his knee and it flew ahead. Both of them ran after it but stopped when the ball hit a small, tiny shoe. A faint gasp sounded and that was when both the brothers looked up.

It was their mother and with her, a small young girl was standing. She was tightly hugging Aqia's waist as she stared at both of them in horror. She had a huge bruise on the left side of her forehead and her eyes were swollen and red. She was wearing an black old woolen sweater with loose white trousers having cuts and scrapes all over their fabric. Her hair was disheveled and was falling out of her ponytail and she had a big framed glasses over her eyes.

"It's okay beta. You don't need to be scared. They are your friends," Aqia said to the girl, coaxing her.

He exchanged a look with Haider who was also staring at the girl curiously.

"She looks like a doll, Mom. Who is she?" Haider questioned.

"She is Unaiza. Your friend and sister. She will live among us from now on," Mom replied, gently.

Haider Bhai glowed. "Wow. My sister. I always wanted to have a sister. Hi Gurya. How are you?"

Her dark brown eyes flitted over to Haider before a tenderness filled in them and she nodded. Perhaps she became loosened like this because he called her Gurya. He realized this later on that Unaiza got along with Haider more than him in the beginning because her father also used to call her a doll.

"Do you want to play with us?" Haider implored, with a smile.

Unaiza bit her lower lip and stared at Aqia who patted her cheek. "He is your brother and friend, Unaiza. He will show you his toys and you will have fun."

Huzaifa who was beholding this whole scene silently couldn't control his naughty streak now. He went ahead and pinched Unaiza's forearm. She cried out in pain and again nuzzled against Aqia. Huzaifa laughed.

"What was that, Huzaifa?" Aqia reprimanded him. He has the naughty, carefree, and playful since his childhood.

"I thought she couldn't speak so I pinched her to check whether she has a tongue or not," he proudly exclaimed.

"That's bad manners, Huzaifa. She is our sister now as Mom said. We should protect her," Haider asserted.

Huzaifa shook his head. "She isn't my sister. My sister will be a little baby. She is just my age. What's your age Unaiza?"