The Untold Adventures of Scarlet Overkill (Excerpt)

FADE IN:

TITLES

THE SCARLET OVERKILL THEME PLAYS

VARIOUS SHOTS OF SCARLET OVERKILL'S SILHOUETTE AS SHE PERFORMS A BUNCH OF AWESOME MOVES. LIKE JAMES BOND, BUT 20% COOLER BECAUSE IT'S SCARLET OVERKILL.

INT. NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY, LONDON - NIGHT

A MASKED THIEF dressed in all black moves stealthily along a moonlit corridor of the National Portrait Gallery.

SUPERIMPOSE: "London, 1966"

Gilded paintings of British royalty line the walls. The place is deathly quiet. The thief stops before a slightly goofy looking painting of a young QUEEN ELIZABETH II, who's wearing the CROWN.

The thief's cat-like eyes gleam with anticipation. The thief unfurls a large SACK and a COIL OF ROPE. Steps up to the painting. Studies the best way to detach it from the wall.

The thief reaches out to the frame. A metal clamp attached to a robotic arm ZOOMS through the air, briefly flashes in the moonlight, and then SNAPS around the thief's wrist.

The thief yanks on the clamp. Trapped!

Who is this nemesis? Shadows melt from the man's face as he steps forward. This is HERB JONES, (late 20s). Inventor. Super Genius. Fox. He assesses Scarlet with a sleepy-eyed gaze.

HERB JONES (velvety Don Draper voice) Looks like Mr. Hood is all show and no go.

Herb jingles the long robotic arm attached to his body.

HERB JONES (CONT'D) Time to scram, man. My boss wants the painting.

The thief takes a running leap toward the wall. Sprints along it with lightning speed.

HERB JONES (CONT'D) Uh...you're going the wrong way.

Pushes off the wall and SLAMS into Herb.

HERB JONES (CONT'D) Oof!

As the two fall to the floor in a tangle of limbs, the metal clamp detaches from the thief's wrist. The two opponents stand and face off. The thief kicks high, only to be attacked by Herb's swarm of mechanized BOXING GLOVES.

HERB JONES (CONT'D) Are these the cat's meow, or what?!

The thief dodges some and deflects others, but one finds its way home. The thief doubles over in pain, then back flips out of harm's way.

The fight continues as Herb attacks with a variety of weapons. The gun that emits a cloud of lung-choking smoke. The electric whip. Globs of red goo that stick fast to hands and feet.

The thief fights off the attacks using smooth martial arts moves, but just barely. Herb aims a miniature cannon that sprays the floor with hundreds of tiny marbles. We hear a butt-crunching SMACK as the thief lands on the floor. Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

The thief looks up as Herb approaches. The souped up ray gun in his hand discharges BLUE FIRE as we CUT TO:

*end excerpt*

***

THE UNTOLD ADVENTURES OF SCARLET OVERKILL is best read in its original script format. To read the entire story, download your free PDF copy at my web site: http://www.heathermassey.com/freebies/

Enjoy!

4/22/22 Update: Regretfully, this screenplay is currently unavailable because I switched my website to a new hosting service (https://www.heathermassey.com/). If I can distribute the script PDF again, I'll provide an update. Thanks for your interest!