Shhhh.... Mama Loves You [One-Shot Mini Vampire Series for TNSSLOHC]

This is part one in my ... well a few part mini series I'm doing for the contest of the amazing author of The Not so Secret Life Of Helena Callihan... oone of my favorite book series on here for sure!

Please vote for my story if you like it... then go read hers if you have not already read the wonderfulness that is her story!

 please listen to the music... lol it adds to the theme!

click on the external link to read the story this is based on! It's so fudgin amazing!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean 'No' ?" The vampire in front of me hissed angrily, taking a step closer to where I was huddled in a small ball on the filthy floor.

I lifted my head up just enough so I could look him in the eyes and just shook my head, too weak to even form that one syllable word again. The vampire's eyes narrowed at me and he bent down so he was hovering over my body and just stared into my eyes which had grown wide from fright.

Whatever had given me the courage to deny his order to "Stand up so he could feed on me" had fled the instant I saw the look of pure rage that now filled his black eyes. But I couldn't allow him to drain anymore blood from me or I'd be dead without question. I tried to scoot away, out of his reach but he just shook his head sadly at my pathetic attempts at escape.

Pain shot through my  left leg and I screamed in horror as he methodically dropped the now broken left leg and reached for my right leg. I knew without question that he'd break that if I didn't give into his demands.

"Fine." I whispered, wiping the tears that had leaked from my eyes from the pain of my broken leg. He grinned happily, his chubby face going from cute to breath-takingly angelic. But that's how all the vampires who fed from me looked, so I'd stopped being overcome by their beauty. After all, weren't most 7 year old's cute in the human world? So of course the ones who were turned vampire would be dazzling.

Lee patted the top of my head with his little hand and then gestured for me to sit up so he could reach my neck. I winced as the pain shot through my leg when it brushed the floor but I just bit my lip and pretended to feel nothing. If I reminded him that I'd refused his request he'd probably break the other leg just for fun.

I tilted my head so my neck was clear and he eagerly bent down and bit into my still tender flesh and drank his fill. Everything in the room around me started spinning as I lost even more blood than i'd already had drained the previous hour.  But I didn't pass out, much to my chagrin my body never let me fall into peaceful darkness where nothing would hurt me. I think They put something in my food to keep me awake, it wasn't natural to go through everything I did and remain conscious.

Lee drew back and smiled when I wilted onto the floor once more. His teeth were stained a bright red with my blood and there was a tiny dribble down his chin of it as well. Without thinking I reached up and wiped it away tenderly.

I couldn't help it, what mother could resist cleaning off her own child's face after all?

He stood up and waved down at me. I smiled weakly back at him, wishing in a sick way that he wouldn't leave me, I missed him so much when he was gone.

"Lee! Class time!" The voice of Noah, the man next in life for the vampire throne, yelled from somewhere outside of my room. He knew if Lee wasn't with his school mates he'd be here lording his new found power over me. Noah hadn't actually done anything to me but my childhood training as a vampire hunter had left a bitter taste in my mouth whenever I saw or heard about him, I knew what he was capable of.... A few years of good deeds doesn't replace a lifetime of blood and murder.  That he was teaching my child things made me even more irate, not that I could do anything about it of course.

"By mommy!" Lee yelled over his shoulder as he ran out of my small room and back to where he was being trained in the "ways of the vampire"

"Bye... my sweet sweet baby..." I whispered back to the now empty room. Sobs wracked my chest from the agony I was feeling. But not from the broken leg. I missed my Lee so much now that he'd been changed and undertook training that fit his status as one of the royal blood's "Children" as they called them.

A kick in my stomach area brought a small smile to my face, at least I would soon have a baby to love soon... Even if it would only be for a few years until it too would be taken from me and turned into the monsters I'd grown up hating.

A cough bubbled up in my chest and the taste of blood filled my mouth. I spat the blood onto the floor next to my thin mattress and rolled onto my back, trying to find a more comfortable position for me... and my baby.

I put my hands on either side of my large stomach and felt the tiny frantic kicks that came from inside me. Rubbing my belly softly I coo'ed quietly, "Shhhh....Mama loves you..."