𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.

20. | chapter twenty

 | chapter twenty

farewell speedy.

↠↠↠

The elevator doors opened up and Logan and Charles stood on the other side. The sprinklers were on in the kitchen and the two men were soaking wet because of it, with a couple of guards lying unconscious on the ground around them. Peter and Lydia smiled at Charles as he looked at Erik.

"Charles?" Erik asked. Charles stepped forward and punched Erik in the jaw, causing Erik to fall onto the ground. "Good to see you too old friend," Erik groaned as Charles held his now bruised hand. "And walking!" He added.

"No thanks to you," Charles retaliated.

Erik stood up and faced Charles. Logan, Peter and Lydia stood to the side and watched in amusement at the reunion. "You're the last person I expected to see today," Erik said.

"Believe me. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to," Charles said, glancing slightly at Lydia. "If we get you out of here we do it my way, no killing."

Erik smiled as he pointed to his head. "No helmet. I couldn't disobey you even if I wanted to."

Peter leaned towards Lydia. "Is it just me? Or can you feel the sexual tension between these two?" He whispered.

Lydia leant in to Peter. "I can feel it too," she whispered back.

Charles stepped closer towards Erik and acted in what he thought was a threatening matter. "I'm never getting inside of that head again," he said. "I need your word, Erik."

Erik nodded at him just as the doors on the other side of the kitchen opened up. "Nobody move!" Several guards walked into the room with their guns trained onto the group. "Hold it right there."

"Charles," Erik warned.

"Don't move! Hands up or we will shoot!" The guards said.

"Freeze them, Charles," Erik said.

"I can't," Charles reluctantly said.

Lydia held her hand out and let her magic run through her fingers just as all of the metal objects in the room flew up into the air and the guards fired.