𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.

21. | chapter twenty-one

 | chapter twenty-one

reuniting.

↠↠↠

All Lydia's life she wanted to travel. She wanted to leave the Xavier mansion and travel the world with a friend or loved one, but now that she was going to Paris to stop Raven from killing someone, she had never missed her bed more. From a four hour car ride, to an all night plane ride, and then another few hours in a car in Paris had made Lydia sick of travelling. She figured it was probably because of the lack of friendship between the group of people she was with.

They drove around Paris where people were celebrating, having just won the Vietnam war. Lydia wanted to join in on the celebration, but knew that she had more important things to do then to party with strangers. They made their way towards the main building where the meeting was being taken place.

Logan drove up to the parking gates when two guards walked behind them. They held their hands up to stop the car, but with a swish of his hand, Erik moved a metal gate so that it squashed them against the wall and used his other hand to move up the boom gates.

Logan quickly parked the car and they all barrelled out. Without hesitation, the group ran into the building and towards where the meeting was being held. Several guards had been placed around the building, but both Lydia and Erik were quick to take them out, either using metal to knock them out or magic to fling them across the room.

Suddenly, Lydia pushed open a set of doors and Raven, in her natural blue form, was crouching on the table with a gun trained at Trask's head.

"Rav, stop!" Lydia immediately called out.

Raven turned to face Lydia and froze. "Lyds?" Lydia nodded her head with a small smile and Raven's face instantly brightened.

There was a fire and Raven collapsed onto the table, her body spazzing out from a tazer William Stryker had fired at her, which was quickly trained onto him by Erik. Charles and Lydia rushed towards Raven and crouched down to try and calm her down.

"Charles," Raven breathed a sigh of relief.

"We've come for you, Erik, Lydia and I, together," Charles smiled.

"I-I never thought I would see you two again," Raven's eyes met Lydia's. "You've grown up so much," she smiled.

"And you still look the same," Lydia laughed as she grabbed her hand, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I made you a promise a long time ago that I would protect you, and I would never break that promise," Charles smiled.

"We're going to keep you safe and out of their hands," Lydia smiled at her, a few tears running down her face. "God, I've missed you so much," she sniffed.

The gun then flew out of Raven's grasp and into Erik's hand. "Erik," Raven warned. Erik had the gun trained on Raven.

"Erik, what are you doing?" Charles asked as they turned to face him.

"Securing our future," he said. Erik thought he was doing the right thing. Erik always thought that what he was doing was right. Raven hid behind Charles as Erik trained the gun onto her. "Forgive me, Mystique. As long as you're out there, we'll never be safe."

"Erik, please," Lydia begged, her hand held out.

"Use your powers, Charles. Stop him," Raven said.

"He can't," Erik smirked.

Lydia suddenly threw Erik across the room with a swipe of her hand in a fit of rage, making him drop the gun. She then advanced towards him when a metal bar suddenly came flying at Lydia, hitting her in the head and causing her to collapse onto the ground. Black spots clouded Lydia's vision as she watched Erik and Hank run after Raven, Trask running out of the room, Logan having a panic attack in the corner, and Charles sitting in the corner with tears flowing out of his eyes.

Within seconds, Lydia was unconscious.

↠↠↠

Logan began to thrash around in his unconscious state, causing Kitty to freak out. "He's slipping! He's slipping back!"

Logan's claws came out in a flash and he started slicing everything around him, including Kitty. She cried in agony but still held on, and Charlie ran to Kitty's side instantly and pressed against her wound to stop the blood. Lydia held her hands out towards Logan and the green magic held his hands by his side.

"Restrain him," Erik ordered at once.

Avery, noticing how there was no rope around to restrain him, quickly wrapped her body around Logan's about six times before coming to a stop on his chest.

Kitty began to cry from the slash she took and Charlie let go of the scratches briefly, only to press against them again. "She's wounded pretty bad," he told them.

Logan relaxed and his claws went back into his hands. "I-I got him b-back," Kitty looked up at Charles and Lydia.

Lydia smiled and nodded at her, only hoping that this was going to work.