𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

23. | chapter twenty-three

 | chapter twenty-three

raven.

↠↠↠

Lydia opened up her eyes as she slipped back into reality, a small smile on her face as she stood up and hugged Logan. "Thank you so much for showing us that," she told him.

Logan chuckled before she let go. "So you've always been a hugger," he smiled before turning to Charles who opened up his eyes. "Find what you were looking for?"

The lights all suddenly turned on, meaning Hank had finally got the engine up and running again. "Damn," Lydia said, placing her hands on her hips. The men all looked at her with a frown. "I age well." Logan and Charles chuckled and shook their heads. "But in all seriousness, ten years ago when you said that you will probably become bald, I knew you were right."

Charles shoved Lydia with a small smile. "Hilarious, Lyds." She could now see that the light returned into his eyes. The light that hadn't been there since all of the students left.

"Power's back on," Hank informed them, walking up to the trio.

"Yes," Charles looked at Logan. "Yes it has."

Charles took a deep breath as he glanced at the Cerebro. He was going to do it for his family. He was the mutants of the future's only hope. He had to conquer his fears for them.

↠↠↠

After what happened with younger Charles coming back to have a little chat with Charles and Lydia, they all waited quietly on the side lines and watched as Charlie tried to stop the blood that was flowing out of Kitty's body.

After watching his love whimper too much from the pain she was in, Charlie and Bobby switched places so that Charlie could pull the eldest in the room aside and into the next room. "Kitty's lost a lot of blood," he shook his head. "I don't know how much longer she can keep this up for."

"We have no choice, Bobby," Erik told him.

"We have to wake him up." Charlie went to walk past Lydia when she stepped in his way.

"We can't do that. Not yet, anyway," Lydia told him. "I know it hurts, Charlie, but they need more time."

"Lydia and I had a glimpse into the past," Charles said.

"We talked to forty-year-old Charles, funnily enough," Lydia said.

"If we wake Logan now, we may set off on an even darker course," Charles sighed. "They need more time."