𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

34. | chapter thirty-four

 | chapter thirty-four

adult-knapped.

↠↠↠

Lydia groaned as she rolled over, coming to turns with being conscious. She felt someone tapping her cheek. "It was just a bad dream, Avery. Go back to sleep," Lydia mumbled.

Someone laughed. "I'm definitely not Avery."

"Then fuck off, Peter. I'm trying to sleep," Lydia mumbled as she kept her eyes closed.

A scream came from Peter and Lydia's eyes immediately snapped open. She sat up in a flash and watched as he scrambled away. "What's wrong with you? Is that going to happen to all of us?" He asked, referring to the fact that Hank was in his blue beast form.

Lydia snorted. "He is a mutant, is he not?"

"That's his mutation?" Peter asked as he observed Hank. "Weird."

"Damn, I left my meds in the house," Hank groaned as he stood up.

"The now non-existent house," Lydia pointed out.

"What happened? Where are we?" Raven asked as the rest of the group stood up, even Moira and Alex.

"What the hell?" Alex mumbled as he looked around.

Lydia did a quick sweep on the green-lit room they were in, not seeing Avery anywhere. "Avery...Where's...where is she?"

"Hey!" Raven yelled up at Stryker.

"Hello, Mystique," the man smirked. "Miss Xavier."

"Major Stryker," Raven sneered.

"Colonel Stryker," he corrected.

"Where are the students?" Lydia immediately called out, hoping as hard as she could that Stryker didn't abduct a whole school full of children and her daughter.

"Still at the school, probably waking up from headaches," he immediately responded.

That calmed Lydia down instantly, knowing that Avery was away from wherever they were and was probably in the care of Sophia and the other children.

"I wouldn't get too close to the wall if I were you," Stryker quickly warned, noticing Alex approaching the sides of the room. "It may create some....discomfort."

"I'm Moira MacTaggert. I'm a senior officer at the CIA," Moira smirked at him as if she thought she was going to go anywhere with that.