Chapter 1

"What?" the shrieking voice made Anjali to cover her ears with hand

"yes Chote, you're going to be a Father. Khushiji is feeling coy to say this" she repeated

"but how's this possible di?" he asked still in daze

"Chote" Pat came a spank on his head

"Ouch, di"

"you've lost it, seems you're in shock. Khushiji was also behaving no better"

"oh"

"what, oh? react something"

"I don't know how to" his tone filled with confusion

"you should be Happy about it"

"but di"

"no.. I don't want to hear anything" she hid her smile on seeing her brother's confused expression

"di, where is Khushi?"

"she's upstairs. go and talk to her, then I want you both to inform this good news together to family as soon as possible, ok?"

"okay" he said in a low voice

"what's the problem chote?" She sighed watching him still standing there

"I'm so confused di. Me and Khushi.. I mean, we had an Arranged marriage just before 3 months. We need time to know better about ourselves, but this baby.."

"shhh. I understand, you both are still trying to know eachother well, but listen to me, this baby will bring you both more closer" she tried to​ explain

"baby? whose baby?" Anjali and Arnav both turned back to see their dad.

"oh.. wo... ugh..! nothing dad. I was calling di, a baby.  she's.. umm. she's behaving like one" he told wiping the sweat beads forming on his forehead while Anjali gasped hearing him.

"Really? I had thought it's your habit!" his dad mocked him to which he just fake smiled because he was not up for any argument now

"please di, don't tell this to anyone until I talk with Khushi" Arnav murmured stealing a guilty glance at his di and scurried away.

"what happened to him?" Anjali heard her dad asking astonished because for the first time his son didn't back answered or argued with him, which reminded her of chote's condition and she ​burst into peals of laughter

"he's gone Mad" she told in between her laugh

"When was he sensible, anyways!" her dad taunted and this surely wiped off Anjali's smile.

"Dad, please.. he's no more a kid. Chote is now Married, for God sake" Anjali retorted

"Exactly Anjali. he is a Married Man.. then, why doesn't he start behaving like one? why don't he take responsibility of himself and his wife?"

"Dad, I agree Chote is kiddish. he doesn't earn money but he's not irresponsible. and why are you bringing Khushiji in this argument. what's her fault?"

"No Anjali. it's not her fault.. it's Your fault.. Yours and Maa's fault.  You both ruined that girl's life by marrying her with good for nothing son of mine"

"but they both love each other"

"really? and how do you know this? they didn't even knew each other before marriage day..! when you and Maa wanted to send them Lucknow so that they know each other better, he refused to go out with her because he didn't wanted to miss playing football with his useless friends.. tell me Anjali, is that even a reason? that girl spends all her day looking after Maa and this home. and where your brother spends his time? neck deep in work, right? face it Anjali, he's busy. playing or partying with his friends. you very well know how stubborn and kiddish he is.. it's better he change his ways now. if he keep doing same, I'll send that girl back to her parents!"

"Dad"

"No Anjali, doesn't that girl have life, her own wish to live it. I feel guilty to agree for this marriage! I really do Anjali, whenever I see that girl glancing at him with hope.."

"you're wrong Dad. they do love each other. Khushiji is happy. she's .."

"she hides her pain"

"ohho.. how could I explain it to you now..!"

"there's nothing to explain"

"Dad, Khushiji is pregnant. you are going to become grandfather" she couldn't hold it any longer

"What? what did you say Anjali? come again"

"You are soon going to be grandfather" she stretched each word

"really Anjali.. Oh My God, This is very good news. I'm so happy. where's Khushi bitiya?"

"Dad, Chote has gone to talk with her. they both will soon come and give this good news to everyone. and I'm sure Now Chote will change for good"

"the same you and Maa have told when you both got them Married but I hope this time your words turn out to be true, he change for better and take his family's responsibility in a sensible way"

"he will dad.. he will for sure"

_____________________

"No"

"Arnavji..!"

"No Khushi. I'm not ready for this"

"but Arnavji, how can we .. ugh.. I.. ?" 

"listen Khushi, no one knows about this yet except di, I will convince her.. we should abort this baby as soon as possible"

"Arnavji" pain evident in her voice

"It's not time for being emotional Khushi. we both are young and we don't want this responsibility soon. you understand, right?"

"No! No Arnavji. I don't Understand! make me, please! make me understand. what is fault of baby, if it's father can't take his responsibility? tell me Arnavji, what is my baby's fault that it came to me this soon?"

"Don't Scream Khushi. Dad might hear your voice.. he's always oh so concerned about you.. one scream from your mouth and he'll come running here as if I have done some crime.. anyways, he's always ready to punish me"

"it's always about you Arnavji.. it was and is always about you.. what about my feelings? my pain? my wish? even now, you are concerned about yourself.  what about me? what about my baby?"

"I care for you Khushi. I lo.."

"No.. you don't!!!"

"listen Khushi.."

"I don't want to listen anything" she whispered defeatedly

"ok fine. don't listen and keep crying.." he huffed and sat on recliner whereas she sat in bed sobbing

After a while, when he couldn't bear her cries, he went beside Khushi and engulfed her in a hug.

"I'm sorry"

"why you told such words Anavji?" she sobbed

"I'm still on them. we don't want this baby Khushi.. not this soon, atleast"

She stared at him with a pale ashen face.

____________________

So, how was it guys? Do tell me your views through votes and comments.

I know, all my lovely readers will support me. I needn't ask them . Am I right guys?

Love you all ❤
Uzma.