Lovesick~

While hunching his morning coffee, Daehyun strolled downstairs to meet Jongup. "Good morning, hyung," he said to his visitor, gesturing the seat across the table from him. "Sleep well?" He asked. As he left the table to bring another beverage over he got the answer, "yes, how about you?" A pair of large yet gentle hands set a mug in front of him before he retreated back into his seat. After sipping his drink, he followed his gaze up along the soft arms, over the thick jumper and up to his eyes. There, his sight clasped onto another two eyes, resting deeply in round dark skin, a contrast to the pale face around it. His lips were light pink, with channels of cracks like streams leading into a river - it was evident he had not slept at all. Much to Daehyun's surprise he just answered, "just fine," accompanied with a weak smile. "Can I get you any toast hyung?" At that he nodded and eyed the man carefully as he, yet again, rose from the table. His balance seemed completely off center today as he wobbled momentarily, but in next to no time he returned with a worn out ceramic plate. He was about to slide down into his chair until he quietly cursed about forgetting the butter. His hand was quickly grabbed and restrained against the table, and as he turned to look at what his elder member was doing, Daehyun smiled and kindly but sternly whispered, "let me."

Even when walking around the perimeter of the counter, Daehyun kept a close watch on his friend and his actions. Right now his face was buried in his hands and he was breathing deeply as if he'd had just finished a race. He carefully spread the butter onto his breakfast, returned it to the fridge and ventured back to his dish again. Daehyun held up a slice of toast to Jongup as an offering but he pushed it away. "You should really eat you know," he says biting into his breakfast and gently looking at Jongup. "Not hungry, hyung. And besides it's nearly time to leave for rehearsal..." He looks down at the watch on his wrist and examines it as the seconds pass. "Best set off hadn't we?" He inquired, and they both departed from the kitchen. Toast in one of Daehyun's hands and his phone in the other.

The morning was a cold one, and mist hung in the air like clothes on a washing line. Neither of them put a jacket on since the studio was merely a block away, so they quickly tried to fight through the biting temperature. Daehyun looked to cross a main road, and his gaze caught onto the man striding beside of him. Instead of shivering and being frozen much like he was, sweat was beginning to surface on his temples and forehead. "Um, are you okay Jongup?' he whispered. He turned his head toward him and just replied "mhm" to this question before continuing to walk across the road. Through the noise of boots hitting the pavement, heavy breathing could be heard quite audibly. ~just trust what he says~ he thinks, if he were in trouble he would say so right?

Before long, the duo arrived at the practice studio as the first there. They usually arrived early to clean up together, and spent the extra half an hour sharing a hot chocolate. After the sweeping had been done, Daehyun pushed the hot chocolate to the left of him to Jongup to have a sip. He shook his head and passed it back, reaching to remove his jumper and leave his shirt. On the contrary, Daehyun was forcing his sleeves down his forearm and curving in on himself to warm up. "It's really not hot in here Jongup" he says certainly, receiving the answer after a short delay, "I am boiling hyung...." At this, Daehyun bites his lips and looks towards the clock. "Our solo practices start in a few minutes, want to go out for a little while first?" Jongup shook his head. "No thank you, hyung. " He smiled politely as he pushed himself out of the seat. "Taking the cocoa into the studio?" He asked as he departed for the studio. Hesitantly, Daehyun picked up his beverage and followed him closely behind.

He swung the door open to reveal their rehearsal space, small but adequate, and was greeted by the company trainees and backup dancers. Both of them waved to all of their team. "Shall we make a start then?" Jongup suggested, throwing his bag on the floor beside Daehyun. "Me first." He smiled.