twenty eight

My alarm started blaring, I groaned and turned over stopping it. I blinked to get my eyesight to become clearer, eight o'clock in the morning.

It was finally prom day.

They were holding Prom today and then our spring break would be Monday through Friday. That seemed cool, I guess. So, if I end up doing something stupid, people will forget about it by the next week.

I groaned getting up and opened my balcony door so Boomer could get out. "Come on Booms, time to get up! Go outside and go potty!"

He jumps up and shoots out of the door. My baby was so big now. Almost all full grown. I close the door and head to my bathroom to get ready for the day.

Alexis, Savannah, and Paige were all coming over to get ready at my house in a little while so we could do each other's hair and makeup.

I stripped out of my pajamas and turned the shower on, letting the warm water hit my chest. I cleaned myself and shaved, everywhere. I put my hair up into a messy bun and threw on some cotton shorts and a button-up shirt, and headed downstairs to cook some breakfast.

I grabbed the pan out from the drawer and poured pancake batter on the non-sticking pan. Eventually, I finished baking and turned the stove off, drenching my pancakes with syrup.

I scrolled through my Instagram feed, seeing what was new. Nothing.

I finished my breakfast and put my dishes in the sink, making a reminder to do the dishes later. I checked the time on the oven timer, only ten.

The girls would be coming over around lunchtime. We are doing pictures at four pm, dinner at six pm, then the dance until we want to leave. We were all driving separately In case someone wanted to leave. I was riding with Garrett. We would most likely leave after an hour and go adventure around town.

The prom was held at our high school, sadly. In Georgia, we held ours in a banquet hall usually in downtown Atlanta.

"Hey, beautiful." I turned my head to see my boyfriend, shirtless only wearing a pair of basketball shorts, walking towards me.

"Hey baby, good morning!"

"It is now." He engulfed me in a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him and breathed in his scent. He smelled like strawberries, my favorite.

He kissed my head before letting go, "Did you already eat?"

"Yeah, I just made pancakes. I would have made you some if I knew you were waking up this early." I laughed.

"It's all good, I'm gonna eat a bagel and go on a run."

"Sounds delightful."

"Want to join?"

"I totally would but I just showered."

"Damn." He walked towards me and kissed my cheek, then picking his shoes off the floor and put them on. "I'll be back soon my love."

"Miss you already!" I shouted as I walked into the living room.

I let Boomer in, and we chilled on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother until around 11:15 when Garrett got back.

"Hey baby, I'm back." He walked behind the couch, leaning over me and kissed me. Upside down.

"You smell." I scrunched up my nose.

"Well, if you want me to get fat then I'd be quiet."

"I don't think I could even imagine tubby Garrett." I laughed.