Anti-Hero

In Summary...

In the 1970s, an STD outbreak in the Bible Belt states caused a horrific scare when people exposed to the disease began developing "super powers" that manifested in physical or psychic ways. Shortly after the disease was discovered, the government of the United States voted to move all victims of the disease to those initial states affected and erect a wall "protecting" them from normal society. 

The vote was put to the people, and by and large, the people agreed to this wall. 

That was a generation ago. Kait Harmon is a second gen, the daughter of two people most well known for their connection to the government and their Center for Sexual Disease Control, created in Knoxville, TN, after the walls began to go up. 

Kait, like all second gens, has a variant of the disease that was passed down to her by her parents, and because of her disease, she landed a job at the Center alongside her parents. However, over the last six months, the army has made several demands of Kait and her co-worker Tim that have been less than ethical. 

And now she's about to embark on a journey to discover the location of the third gens, children illegally conceived by the second gens. With each new situation that arises, Kait will be tested, and her abilities will be put to the fire as she goes on a trip that will change everything. 

But Kait isn't someone special. She's no hero. And her "super powers" will drain her of immunity if she isn't careful, leaving her as crippled as her father. 

© Rae Reneau 2014 - All rights reserved. No reproductions or uses of this material are allowed.