thirty four

I ran up to my boyfriend, well the best run I could do since I was in heels. I immediately engulfed my arms around him, resulting in him picking me up and twirling me in a circle, "I can't believe we just graduated high school!" I exclaimed.

"I know, we are free souls now!" He grinned, planting a kiss on my cheek. "Well, until August."

"I also can't believe I'm moving to New York with you! It's like a dream that I can't seem to wake up from."

"I know, life is crazy. Never thought I would have been in this position a year ago, falling in love with the love of my life."

I looked up to Garrett and smiled, caressing my hand on his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too, I couldn't have done any of this without you and your brother." He wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug

I kissed his cheek and then we walked over to our group of friends who were standing around taking pictures, "Well, Well, Well, look who finally decided to show up for pictures." Matt announced, giving Garrett a fist bump.

"Sorry for having an intimate moment with my girlfriend." He held me tighter against his side.

"Gross, now you both get in the picture." I laughed and walked over and stood next to Savannah for our post-graduation ceremony celebration pictures.

"Say cheese!" The woman behind the camera said. We all plastered the biggest smiles on our faces. I'm sure we looked stupid.

I had a Crisscross royal blue skater dress on, paired with a pair of one-strap white heels, and some jewelry. The outfit went perfectly with my red robe and blue cap. We all took turns taking pictures with each other in our cute outfits and robes.

As soon as we all finished up, we all planned out what time we would be leaving for Vegas. We agreed on nine tomorrow morning. I was so excited, I had gambled a few times before, but nothing ever like this. I was excited beyond belief.

We all went home and Garrett had instructed me to come to his room, as soon as possible.

Probably for another booty call if we are being serious. "Hey, baby." I cooed as I walked through the door. He lay on his unmade bed, shirtless, engaged in his phone.

Once he noticed my presence, he immediately lit up and dropped his one onto his bed to get lost. "Hey, beautiful!"

I sat on the edge of his bed and crossed my legs facing him. "Did you summon me for another booty call Adams?"

"No not right now at least." He laughed and stood up. "Okay turn around for a quick second." The sounds of a faint drawer opening and closing were heard.

I could hear his presence coming closer, so I tried to turn back around to face him. "No, no peeking!" I could feel him standing behind me, what on earth was he doing? His hands stretched out in front of me, from behind, with a necklace in his hands.

I immediately moved my hair out of the way so he could attach the clasp. Once he had attached it I picked it up in my hands, it was beautiful. It was a white gold solitaire pendant.

"Garrett, this is beautiful!" I stood up to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. "Thank you!"

"Happy birthday, Jess." He wrapped his arms around my back and kissed my forehead.

"I honestly forgot it was my birthday, I was too focused on graduating."

He let out a laugh, "You are officially an adult now, how do you feel?"

"Like shit, I don't want to grow up," I mumbled. "I want to be a kid forever."

"Yeah, but then we get to go start our lives together in New York. You wouldn't be able to do that if you were a kid."