forty three

Summer was almost officially over. These past few weeks have been some of the best days of my life. I have learned so much about myself over this summer.

I'm tan. My skin is clear. I'm happy. My boyfriend is happy.

Life is good.

Unfortunately, we had learned that Nick had left the country for college right after summer began, so we weren't able to ask him about coming to our house.

But I promise you, the next time we see him, he's getting questioned. Big time.

I have packed just about everything for New York. My room was empty except for the bed and a few other items.

I would be sending a few of my belongings over to one of my father's hotels where he lives.

Since we would be selling the beach house and my house back in Georgia was sold as well, I had nowhere else to put anything I wasn't taking to college.

The dorms would be too small to keep my numerous numbers of books and clothing that I didn't need at the moment.

So, I called up my dad and he agreed to store a few of Garrett, Matt, and I's clothing there.

We decided it would be easier to just sell the house with the furniture in it since we couldn't put that in a hotel. We would be starting fresh if we ever get a new house. New everything.

Which is a good thing in some ways. I mean, a fresh start sounds good to me. Tomorrow Garrett and I would leave for New York City. Forever.

We would never come back to this home. Well, I'm sure we could, but someone else would be living here. I want to live in New York City for the rest of my life. I hope it can stay that way too.

Sure, things will change and people will change. But, I don't think I would ever grow tired of that city. The lights. The sound. Everything I just love about it.

The diversity.

I'm just not crazy about the smell. Sure, hot dog street vendors have an amazing smell, but the garbage and gasoline smell just isn't that great to me.

I walked out of my room and strode into Garrett's room. I mouthed a 'wow' at the sight. His posters were stripped off of his walls, there were no clothes scattered across the room. It looked nice. I don't think I have ever seen his floor.

"Hey, babe," Garrett said as he taped up a box on his dresser. I didn't even know he knew I came into his room. I was trying to be sneaky.

"Hey! Whatcha doing?" I curiously ask, rocking back and forth on my toes.

He finishes up the box and sets it by his other ones, "Just finishing up packing."

I walk over to his bed and lay down on it, "Sounds marvelous."

He turns towards me, walks over to the edge of the bed, and places his legs on the outside of mine. He slowly climbed his way onto the bed, straddling me. He starts to kiss my neck and I close my eyes, "You know what we could do to celebrate our last night in California?" He murmurs.

"Mhm?" I answered, not able to fully answer because of the satisfying feeling he was giving me.

His hands pull my shirt up taking it off, kissing my stomach repeatedly. It's crazy how he puts this sort of feeling in my body. Like there are a million butterflies just moving around in my belly.

I smile and take a deep breath as his lips move closer to my lower abdomen. "This." He says as he flips open the button of my shorts and slides them down my legs, leaving me completely naked.