Prologue

Song: Because of You — Ne-Yo

-

What are people saying about this book?:

-

-

Europe has been the best two years of my life. After my freshman year of college, I was offered an amazing opportunity of going abroad to further my career in Journalism. There I worked for top-notch journalists, I was actually an intern for the famous newspaper, "The Daily Telegraph" in London.

There I was offered amazing experiences by watching other people work. I learned so much and that led me to have my first published article in there as well, under a small news story about a small coffee shop downtown. It wasn't anything big, but I was on a page in the paper.

Not very many people can say they have done that.

I have officially had a review in a newspaper!

Eek!

Now, I would return back to New York and finish my last year of college.

I would work to find a job, hopefully, in the city. I knew once I got to New York there was no way I was leaving. The adrenaline rush I get from this place is extraordinary.

When I left, Garrett and I tried to work things out. But, two years apart from each other was very difficult to do, so we decided to take a break until I returned.

He was allowed to date and so was I.

No, I didn't go on any dates though. I focused on my studies and my future since I needed to get my shit together to become the person I wanted to be.

Sure, breaking up with him tore me apart. I was sad, I cried day after day for weeks.

We tried to talk at least once a week, but unfortunately, we both got too busy and our schedules would interfere, especially with the time change of five hours ahead in England.

When he woke up I would be attending a class, and when I woke up he would be asleep.

It was too difficult to keep in touch with him.

I did return home for Christmas for a few days, and he was there. We caught up on a few things like school and sports, but that was months ago.

It was now summer and I was now coming home. How much has he changed?

I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I got back to the city, I didn't have a place to stay since I was gone for two years.

Most of my clothes were with me, and Garrett had the rest.

Did he still have them?

He moved into an apartment by himself after his freshman year. We were supposed to move in together, but then I decided to go abroad so things changed.

I wonder if he had a girlfriend.

I wonder if he still had the beard he had started growing during Christmas?

London has changed me a lot. I was more mature and sophisticated. I learned a lot about the world on my own that I would never have learned with him.

This break away from him had been good for me. I learned so much about myself.

Things about my life I would have never known.

I hope he had learned the same too.

I still am completely in love with him. I am who I am because of Garrett. No matter what happens to us in the future, every day we were together was the greatest day of my life. I will always be his.

My life is perfect all because of you.

-

PS: I changed Garrett's character from Blake Gray to Derek Theler just so he looks a bit older lol!!