1

Make sure to vote and comment on this chapter! So excited for everyone to read the sequel!

Also... the prologue gives a background on what's going on! You don't have to read it but it is suggested! :) enjoy.

-

Chapter One: He Got a Girl Pregnant?

-

*three years later*

Ah, gasoline smells and millions of people crossing the street. Welcome home, Jessica.

I missed New York City. It has been such a long two years since I was here. I had just turned twenty-one last week, so I was so excited to finally be legal in the city. I could officially hit up any bar now.

Because that's definitely the most important part of growing up.

I stood outside of the entrance of the airport waiting for my ride. Since all of my belongings were, hopefully still, at Garrett's place, he was going to be picking me up.

I wasn't sure if he had gotten rid of anything or not. I silently prayed he hadn't.

After my freshman year of college, I was offered an incredible opportunity I just could not pass up. A two-year study abroad term in London, England. There I would learn all about journalism.

After a year in Europe, I was able to snag an intern job at the famous newspaper, "The Daily Telegraph". The excitement was unreal! My life was absolutely terrific! Well almost terrific.

I was missing one thing.

The love of my life.

The distance was too hard for Garrett and I. It was so unfair to make him stay with me when we could only talk once a week since our schedules would collide.

I was still so in love with this man. I hope he still felt the same. But, we all can't get what we want.

-

"Thanks for picking me up," I say as I buckle my seat belt in Garrett's F-150.

"No problem." He responded putting the car into drive, pulling out into the New York traffic.

Crap, I still need to go pick up my car from the parking garage. Since I was gone for so long, I put my car in a garage so it wouldn't get all rusty from it not being used for so long. I miss driving my Jeep.

My gosh, this is probably the awkwardest car ride of my life. We weren't even this awkward with each other when we first met each other.

I bit my lip in anxiousness, I didn't know what to say to him. Do I just straight up say, 'Hey, are you dating someone or?'

I internally groaned, chickening out, and stared out of the window of my favorite city.

"It's great to be back, it's been so long," I said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah, I bet," He paused for a moment, "How was London and tell me the truth. Don't give me just a bullshit answer."

Just about that time, we pulled into the apartment he lived in. "Come on, we can talk inside." I stared up at the building I had only been in a few times.

I grabbed my suitcases out of the truck and rolled them inside. "Here let me take one." Garrett insisted.

I shrugged and handed him one of the large suitcases. We rode the elevator to one of the top floors and exited to walk to the apartment.