5

Garrett's mother's engagement ring. This is a TIFFANY SOLESTE® ROUND. Isn't it gorgeous?!

300 reads! Y'all are amazing!

-

Chapter Five: Happy Late Birthday?

-

I don't think I have ever this genuinely happy in life before. This past week has been absolutely amazing. I got engaged to my best friend and I got an A on all of my midterms. Talk about a good week.

Garrett had a BYE weekend in his football schedule, so we decided we would fly down to Georgia to tell Matt and Savannah the good news.

Savannah did transfer to the University of Georgia after her sophomore year of college. Matt and her still haven't put a ring on it, but I'm sure it will happen soon.

"Babe, you ready to go?" Garrett called from the living room. I was just stuffing the last bit of clothes into my suitcase as he called for me.

I stuffed the pair of pants into the bag and pulled it down the stairs, "Ready!"

He walked over to me and kissed my forehead giving me a small hug, "Well let's go have some fun shall we?"

I nodded my head and grabbed my wallet and passport off the table, "We shall."

We headed down to the garage where our cars were stored. He opened the passenger door to his truck for me and I climbed in with a smile.

It's the little things that can put a smile on my face.

We started the drive to the airport singing along to Khalid's new song, "Love Lies". I blasted the speakers and sang along to the lyrics that were playing on the radio,

"So baby, tell me where your love lies
Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise
Show me where your love lies"

Garrett pulled the truck into a park that was in Brooklyn, what is he doing?

Before I could speak, he said, "Shit, I know you're going to yell at me for doing this but I just wanted to, just because." What is he talking about? He reached into the back seat and pulled out a blue box with a white bow on top of it.

My eyes probably looked like they popped out of their socket as he opened the box and revealed something beautiful.

A gorgeous diamond necklace.

My breath hitches in my throat as I tried to find the right words to say. "Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!" I grabbed the box out of his hand and caressed the necklace over my finger. It was a double drop necklace, and it was absolutely stunning.

"Happy late birthday?" He chuckled.

I stopped looking at my new necklace and looked up to him, "You didn't have to do that! My birthday was months ago!"

"Yeah, but I have actually had it for a while I just didn't know when a good time to give it to you was."

I leaned over the console, cupping his cheek and kissed him. "I freaking love you so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

All Because of Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें