6

The diamond necklace Garrett got Jess. This is so pretty...I want one! Does anyone have $29,000 they are willing to give me? This is a TIFFANY CIRCLET DOUBLE DROP NECKLACE. Absolutely STUNNING!

-

Chapter Six: Aren't You a Little Young?

-

The flight back home to New York was absolutely exhausting. I am just glad we didn't have to deal with any time changes because that would have been a pain in my ass.

Once we arrived back at the apartment, I immediately ran into the bedroom and took a nap on our bed.

Garrett eventually joined me on the bed a while later, I guess he was unpacking or something. As I laid there I thought about how much my life had changed in the last few years.

I moved two times. I met the love of my life. I moved to the Big Apple. I started working on my career. I got engaged. What else can life bring me?

Life has been nothing but good to me.

I am so thankful that God has given me incredible opportunities. After leaving Georgia, I wasn't sure I could ever be happy again due to how I was treated.

I was betrayed and hurt by my own mother.

I haven't spoken to her since I left, I honestly wonder how she was doing and where she was. Did she find someone new? Was she still a doctor? Was she still in Georgia?

I felt the urge to call her.

Why?

That is a good question, but I have held this grudge too long now. It's time to make amends with the devil.

-

I had woken up about two hours later, completely refreshed. I talked myself into calling my mother. I held my finger over her caller ID, too scared to call.

One click and I would talk to my mother again.

What if she didn't have the same number? What if she hung up on me?

A crash in the kitchen, scared me making me send my finger flying down on the screen.

Shit.

I took a deep breath. It was now or never. I held the phone up to my ear, letting the rings carry on for a few seconds before they stopped.

"Hello?" A voice called out on the other end. My breath caught, I haven't heard her voice in years. I didn't answer I couldn't bring the words out of my mouth. "Jessica is that you?" She called out again.

"Hi," I simply answered, not knowing what else to say.

There was a silence on both of our ends neither of us knowing what to say. "How are you?" She asks out of the blue, taking me out of my thoughts.

Do I tell her the truth? What if she comes to me and hurts me again? "I'm okay, I'm in college right now. One more semester then I'm done."

"That's so amazing sweetie. What college?" Did she really not see charges on our bank account coming from the university for classes and such?

"Columbia, my dream school." I was proud to say I had gotten into this Ivy League school. I had dreamed about this since freshman year of high school when I went to New York for the first time and saw the school.