8

Do you guys like my new cover? I do!!

-

Chapter Eight: "Are You Talking About The Croissant Or Me?"

-

This had to have been one of the longest weekends of my life. I am so glad everything worked out just fine, and the baby wasn't Garrett's. I think I probably would have died.

I chewed on the end of my pencil as I listened to the professor in my journalism class. There was only about a month left until finals were to start, and then I would only have one semester left in college forever.

I couldn't wait to start my career, and most importantly, I couldn't wait to marry my best friend.

The anticipation of our wedding was killing me. I just wanted to marry him so I could officially be Mrs. Jessica Adams.

"That is all for today class, you are dismissed." I packed all of my belongings and stood up along with the other fifty kids in my class and made our way towards the exit. Mondays were absolutely exhausting especially when you had an eight AM. It was so hard to focus.

As I was exiting a hard body bumped into me, "Shit, I'm-" I stopped talking when I realized who it was. A smile formed on my face, "Hi handsome, what are you doing here?"

He smiled back at me and handed me a bag with a Starbucks logo on the front of it. I took the bag and stuck my nose to smell it. It was a chocolate croissant. "Well I was just in the neighborhood and I decided to come swing by and bring this to my beautiful fiance."

"Babe, in the neighborhood really? Our apartment is twenty minutes away!" I laughed and pulled the flakey goodness out of the paper bag.

"Well, I was bored and I wanted to see you," He whined wrapping his arm around my neck as we walked back to my Jeep.

I took a bite out of the food and moaned, "This is amazing, I love you so much."

"Are you talking to the croissant or me?" His comment made me look up and laugh at him.

I rolled my eyes as we reached my car, "Of course I mean you, silly!" I narrowed my eyes at him, "Now why are you really here?"

He flashed me a dazzling smile, "Is it such a crime to see my future baby mama?"

"Yes. Did you run here? You look sweaty." I ran a hand through his hair which indeed had a tint of wetness to it.

He rolled his eyes and moved my hand from his hair, "Yeah baby, this body doesn't look like this for no reason." He flexed his arms which resulted in me cocking an eyebrow at him. "Coach canceled practice today and tomorrow since it is Halloween, so we had to run."

I nodded, "So I am guessing you need a ride home?"

"If you don't mind." He smiled and took the keys out of my hand and hopped into the driver's seat. "So, what sexy costume are you going as tonight?"

Garrett and I are going to a Halloween party at one of the fraternity houses tonight. Garrett told me that his coach had even given them the thumbs up to have a few drinks. So, we were totally taking advantages of that.

"I am going as Garrett Adams," I simply responded, "How about you?

He looked at me very confused, "Oka-ay," He drawled out, "I think I'm going as a horse."

I smiled at his stupidity. "A horse?"

"Yeah, you know that animal that has hooves and a long tail and neighs-." I cut him off.