9

Garrett in jail. Doesn't he just look dashing in his costume?

omg! thanks soooo much for 1000 reads already! you guys are the best! 15.03.18

-

Chapter Nine: Crossed That Off The Bucket List

-

I woke up at seven after getting a two hour night of sleep. The only thing my mind was letting me think was 'what was he doing right now?' 'Is he okay?'

I dressed in a pair of leggings and a Columbia University long sleeved shirt. I pulled on my moccasins and ran out the door to my car, and roared the engine to life. After letting it warm up a little bit, I peeled out of the apartment complex and did my best to speed down to the police station.

Well, the best speeding I could do in a city of almost nine million people.

Around a thirty minutes drive, I was finally on the other side of Manhattan, I was parked outside of NYPD.

I eagerly got out of my car and locked the doors before sprinting up the steps towards the entrance.

As I walk into the atmosphere changed completely. It was almost...depressing.

I walk up to the front desk, on the verge of having a breakdown and the officer behind the bars gives me a small smile of empathy. "Hi, how may I help you, ma'am?"

"Hi, um, I'm here to bail my boyfri-I mean fiancé out."

"What is the name?"

"Garrett Adams."

"Oh," She replies kind of confused as she checks the computer system, "He was released earlier; they accidentally arrested the wrong person. He suggested he stay in the cell overnight though since it was so late."

I rolled my eyes, only my boyfriend would want to stay in a prison cell overnight. "Okay, is he free to go?"

"Yes! I'll buzz him in." She sweetly says and says something into the intercom.

Minutes later the doors buzz open and my boyfriend comes walking out, still shirtless. "Hey, babe!" He laughs and throws me into a hug, "Miss me?"

"Barely. I just missed my cuddle buddy." I took a whiff of his body and scrunched up my nose. He smelled horrible, immediately releasing his hug.

"Well, you can't get rid of me that easily!" He smiled and led me out of the doors of the prison.

Hopefully, I'll never be back here.

"I brought a shirt for you to put on." I pulled the shirt out of my purse and handed it to him. I didn't want him to go out in public still half nude.

I didn't like other girls getting staring at him melt-worthing body. That was mine, and mine only. It was bad enough that every Columbia Football fan drooled over his good looks and athleticness.

He pulled the shirt on in one swift movement and grabbed my hand and placed it on his.

We got in the car and after a long argument of who was going to drive, I put the car into drive and peeled out of the parking lot. Girl power! "So why exactly didn't you just call me to come get you last night?"

He chuckled, "Well, I wanted to see what a real-life prison experience felt like. I can officially cross that off my bucket list!"

"You mean to tell me that was on your bucket list?" I laughed.