11

Hi! Please take a moment to vote on this chapter! Also, don't hesitate to comment. I love responding to peoples questions or comments! I read every comment!

Sorry for the late update. I've been super busy these past few days & haven't been able to write xoxo.

-

Chapter Eleven: "Daddy should be here soon."

-

THANKSGIVING EVE

-

We had decided to host Thanksgiving at Garrett and I's apartment since he wasn't able to leave because of football. That damn coach never gave them a break. I could tell my baby was exhausted, I felt terrible.

They had been practicing twice a day for the past few days because they were getting ready for the upcoming bowls. They had defeated a team on Saturday so they had the next day off.

I don't think Garrett got out of bed the whole day. He was too exhausted to move. From six AM workouts to after class practices.

I think I would have collapsed by now, but he has such a passion for this sport, he would do anything for it.

Since today was Thanksgiving, Matt, Savannah, and my father, and his girlfriend would be attending. I was so nervous. I had briefly met my father's girlfriend at Christmas last year, it was awkward.

It was also a very weird time because Garrett and I were separated so I was keeping my distance from everyone. I basically kept the bedroom door locked.

I don't think I even came out of the bedroom for dinner, I had it brought to me. I should have just gone back to London, I was just so homesick. I'm sure staying in bed didn't help at all.

The doorbell rang and took me out of my thoughts. I was nervous, I wonder who was here first, Matt or my father?

I slid my heels on and jogged to the door to open it. Garrett met me half way to welcome our guests.

I swing the door open and a breath of relief comes over me. It was my twin and my best friend.

I smiled and brought them both in for a hug, "Oh-em-gee! Hey guys! I missed Y'all so much!"

Sometimes the southern just comes out of me.

"Jessie! I missed you!" Matt yells and pulls me in for another hug.

He eventually releases me and Savannah pulls me in for a hug, "Hi bestie! I missed you bunches!"

"It's been too long!" I say as we release. I run my hands over the wrinkles in my black dress.

We all head into the kitchen to catch up. "How long are you guys staying?" I ask, picking up one of the snack trays I had made earlier.

They both looked at each other then back at me, "Today, tomorrow, and possibly Friday for Black Friday. If we can get a cheap flight Friday then we will probably leave then. If not then we will probably stay a few days longer." Savannah responds.

I nod excitedly, "Are Y'all staying here or at a hotel?"

Matt responds this time, "Probably a hotel. I don't want to intrude on whatever Y'all do after hours." Garrett laughs and fists bumps, my brother.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever, your loss. Daddy should be here soon."

Garrett raises his eyebrows, "Huh? Baby, I'm already here?"