13

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Vote and comment! Enjoy this terrible photoshopped picture I made lol!

-

Chapter Thirteen: "Are You Pregnant?"

-

I was shaking with nervousness and excitement as I entered my apartment. I fiddled with the lock as I tried to get the key to go into the lock.

I had just received probably the best news of my life if I was going, to be honest, and I just could not wait to tell Garrett.

I practically speeded all the way home because I was just so anxious to tell him and I really wanted to do it in person.

When I finally got the door to open I screamed, "Babe!"

I heard noises coming from the kitchen then a voice, "In the kitchen!"

I practically ran into the room and had a huge grin on my face, "Hey!"

"What's up?"

I smiled even bigger if that was even possible, "Guess what?"

He dropped the sandwich he was making and walked towards me and raised his eyebrows and went a little pale, "Are- are you pregnant?"

My breath hitched in my throat before I coughed, "No." I sent a sheepish smile his way before biting my lip.

"Babe what is it? The anticipation is killing me."

"The times offered me a internship for the rest of the school year!" I squealed and jumped up and down and looked at him for his reaction.

He gasps and closes the space between us before grabbing my hips and lifting me up, "Oh baby! Congratulations!"

I laughed as he spun me around. He finally let me down and laid a long, soft kiss on my lips.

"I'm so proud of you," he murmured against my lips.

"Thank you babe. I start next Monday." I kissed him on the cheek then went into the mud room to take my shoes off.

It was now Friday so that means in just a few days I would be heading to school Monday morning then heading to my new internship after.

I will be absolutely exhausted, but I'm doing this for my future. I will do anything to be able to write for the New York Times. And I'm already kinda half way there.

I had interned in London as well, so I wasn't a newbie. I basically just got everyone coffee and audited meetings.

But if I want to make it to the top I will sacrifice anything.

Well not everything. Not Garrett.

He's the reason I've made it this far.

And like I've said repeatedly, I will never take him for granted again.

I love him and I know what I want now.

I want to be a publisher and a wife. And a mother. Can't forget that one.

-

It was officially Monday. I had just finished my morning classes and I was driving down to my future.

My heart was fixing to pound out of my chest I was so freakin nervous!

The only thing keeping me from having an heart attack was the fact Garrett was seated next to me.