CHAPTER SEVEN

___

"My Lord, if you could just-"

"I don't need your explanation. You're fired."

Hearing the conversation between the Marquess and the dumb professor made me grin in delight. Finally, the root cause of my stress last time is now eliminated for good.

Who would have thought that the Marquess will listen to what I requested? Or more like, demanded. If he didn't fire the professor, I would have done anything I could to force him to quit his job and even beg for it.

The door bursted open and there revealed a distressed professor, who glanced at me while I'm casually leaning on the wall with my arms crossed. "Y-you!"

I raised a brow. "What?"

"Come to think of it, you were never given proper education. How could you know a formula that I do not know of?!" He ranted, almost pulling away his hair from confusion.

I scoffed at him, before straightening my posture and staring up at him. "There's a difference to our intelligence, sir. I do not need to learn your level of education, I only need a few basics regarding my mana effectively."

His forehead creases, eyes fixated at me with anger and displease. "You regard youself too high, young miss."

"Ofcourse." Right after a piercing glare, I gave him a close-eyed smile. "As I should be. Buh-bye now!" With a wave, I skipped past him whose jaw almost dropped down the floor as I freely entered the Marquess' office.

"Greetings, father." I curtsied at him who looks unbothered by my presence once again. I think he got used to my attitude of not asking for an audience.

He gestured towards the sofa, and so I sat down. "What brings you here?"

"I'd like to know the origin of my name." I went straight to the point, and his reaction didn't went amiss to my hawk-like eyes. "I observed that all of you seems to be having difficulty in saying my name. So I wonder why, because even I am the same."

"You...don't like your name?" The Marquess asked, unsure of how he understood my words. I just decided to nod along, but I just want an explanation. He sighed, craning his neck from left to right. "You're too young to understand."

I shrugged. "Wouldn't it be better to know at this age? Besides, I'm different from my siblings. I also have to learn how to use my mana."

"Don't get ahead of yourself." He remarked, crossing his fingers into his desk.

"I'm not." I replied calmly, maintaining eye contact with him who keeps on avoiding my gaze.

In the end, he sighed. "Alright. But there's one condition."

With that said, my ears perked up to listen attentively. "As long as it is bearable, then I shall agree, father."

"Stop calling me father." The moment those words left his mouth, I felt something painful into my chest. Is he openly saying that he doesn't wish to hear me calling him as my father?

He cleared his throat as I drowned myself to depressing thoughts. "Instead, call me papa."

"