CHAPTER NINE

___

The cracks soon emitted a glistening flame, before it set ablaze, surrounding me and the woman in the middle. The heat must have made her sweat in just a few seconds.

Ah, to be able to pour out all this pent-up anger, this feeling is the best. Looking up to her, I gave her a smile she'd forever bury in her grave.

"This child you're looking down right now can send you to the afterlife, dear nanny."

The latter trembled, sweat rolled down her face. The other maids panicked as they tried to find a way to put out the fire, which is pointless.

Raising an arm, I pointed a finger at Hyacinth. "For how long are you going to watch this scene unfold, brother?"

He flinched, before he looked away. "I shall report this to the Marquess." Ignoring the pleas of the maids, he walked away.

"W-wait!" Before any of them can leave as well, I blocked the doorway with the same scorching flames, making them stumble backwards in defeat.

Now all that's left is for them to suck up to me. The maids who once looked down on me, who manipulated me, who tried to mock and shame me, all bowed down before me.

Kneeling and bowing down so low they could have their heads chopped off easily with an axe.

I scoffed, not really in the mood to enjoy the situation. Despite the maids begging repeatedly to be spared, add the fact that not a single soul didn't shed tears, I can feel the fatigue kicking in.

"Young miss, we were wrong!" A familiar maid cried. She was the youngest maid who used to talk shit about me with Mary. Yet, all I see is not a woman who had made a mockery out of me, but a woman who is willing to give up dignity just to be granted mercy.

"How funny." I nonchalantly blurted out, making them all stiff. "Not long ago, you were robbing me off with the smallest assets I own. You've been caught and now you're apologizing."

Eyeing them all, I see no remorse, only the fear of having to face the consequences. In the end, I am receiving apologies and cries for mercy, not out of guilt or awareness of their wrongdoing.

"W-we are very sorry—"

"I don't need it." I cut off the meaningless words they were about to say. I'm tired of hearing them say something that is not sincere. "What am I supposed to do with that sorry? You all can have that apology for yourselves."

Covering one ear as I'm already frustrated at how they are crying and screeching with loud dramatic noises, the flame around us soon flickered. I sighed.

I guess I'm at my limit.

Despite being a prodigy child, I have my limitations

Despite being a prodigy child, I have my limitations. I am still a child. Even with a natural born talent, the amount of mana I hold was never unlimited. It is not eternal, nor is it perfect to make me omnipotent.