Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

She Won't Tell

INTRODUCTORY INFO

Before you start reading . . .

A special announcement about this book

Dear Reader –

If you've read any of my other stories here on Wattpad, you know that like most content on Wattpad they are free to the Reader.

BUT this story - and my contemporary romance ALL'S FAIR - are part of a new Wattpad Paid Stories program, so only part of the story will be free.

HOW IT WORKS. You will be able to buy coins through Wattpad, and use those coins to pay for stories like this one, chapter by chapter. It's not like paying for an entire book without knowing what to expect. The beginning chapters of every book in this program will be free, so you, the Reader, can find out first whether you like the story. Then you decide if you want to help support moving the story forward by paying a few coins to read the next chapter. And if you lose interest in the story, then you can stop reading – and paying – at any time.

WHY I JOINED THE WATTPAD PAID STORIES PROGRAM. Like most authors, I don't make a living writing. I have another job - a demanding job with long hours that doesn't leave me a lot of time for writing. It's simple. If I can get paid for writing, then I can work less at my job and have more time to write, which means I will be able to put more stories on Wattpad, both paid stories and free ones.

SO I'M ASKING YOU TO TRY IT. If you love this story and you want to support the authors who write the stories you love, you can make a difference by rewarding writers like me who spend many hours working hard to bring stories from our heart to yours.

MY PROMISE TO YOU. I know not everyone can afford to pay for stories. Life is expensive. My Readers matter to me and I don't want to lose a single one of you. That's why I will ALWAYS have some of my stories FREE on Wattpad.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. And I hope you enjoy my story PARADISE THRILLER as much as I enjoyed writing it.

LOVE ALWAYS,

-Jane

* * * * *

And now . . .

She Won't Tell

Her heart hammered against her ribs, lungs burning as she sucked in more air. He was getting closer. Not bothering to move quietly, not any more. She should have run sooner, right away, the moment she saw them by the cliff. The moment she understood that something was terribly wrong.

But she'd stood there, frozen in disbelief. Stood there, even when he turned toward her. Even as he looked past her, through her, then said something to the other man. Her first instinct to rush forward, to help, had been cut off by a cold, paralyzing fear. And the realization that what she'd just seen was not an accident.

A sob caught in her throat, choking her as she tripped over roots, as her foot tangled in vines. She pitched forward, landing flat on her face. Her cheek burned where she'd scraped the ground, and hot tears rushed behind her eyes.

She scrambled up and started running again. He was so close now she could hear him breathing. She'd never make it back to camp. At the fork in the trail she turned right, toward the beach. He couldn't hurt her out in the open, not in broad daylight. Not where someone might see her, help her.

She was almost there. The sheer rush of hope as she spotted a flash of blue water ahead gave her a burst of adrenalin and propelled her legs faster. Moments later she was sliding down the slope, spilling onto the warm sand. She pushed herself back onto her feet, half running and half stumbling forward, choking out a sob of relief. The sunlight glistened on the water.