Chapter 1 ~ Mine

Olivia ^^

Olivia's P.O.V

Casey just finished her hour long rant, bawling and crying about Carter. Apparently her loser boyfriend Carter, who I've been telling her to dump for months now, cheated on her or she caught him cheating on her. 

He's the biggest jerk I have ever met and was constantly checking out and flirting with other girls.

Every time she wasn't looking or went out the room, he would start touching me inappropriately or get too close.

Of course I told Casey and she confronted him about it but all he had to do was say I misunderstood, give her a kiss and all was forgiven.

Casey has been my best friend since we were four years old. We've been through everything together: break ups, fights, high school, our first periods.

The thing I love her for most though is how she helped me when my family died.

I had just turned 16 when my mum, dad and four year old brother got in a car accident. It broke me and Casey was kind enough to take me in. Our families had always been close and I thought of her parents as mine and Casey as my sister.

Being the amazing best friend that I am, I agreed to take her to Liquid, the hottest new werewolf club that just opened up, to try and cheer her up.

We live in the small town of Lake falls. A predominantly a werewolf city, with a few humans of course, but they don't suspect anything since we can shift whenever we like.

I've lived here my whole life, therefore I'm certain that my mate isn't here but somewhere out there in the world waiting for me.

I have a pretty good relationship with my wolf, Aria, apart from the fact that she is a lot more hot-headed and sassier than me.

I've been trying to find my mate ever since I turned eighteen, 9 months ago, but I've had no luck which does not bode well with Aria. Finding your mate is the best thing that can happen to a werewolf and once you find that one person destined to be with you, created for you, then you never want to let them go. I'm just waiting for the day I find mine.

I always thought that it would be my childhood sweetheart Ethan, but when he turned eighteen and screamed mate out loud in chemistry, when Lucy Green walked into the classroom my heart broke. However, I'm happy for him now. Time passed and we've actually all become great friends. I realise now that me and Ethan were more best friends than boyfriend and girlfriend.

My thoughts are interrupted by several loud knocks on my door. "Hurry up! I need to get drunk now." She screams, making me laugh as I open the door.

Casey was always the extrovert out of the two of us.

She loved partying and staying out until two o'clock in the morning, whereas I would very much rather stay at home all night curled up on the sofa reading a book or binge-watching Netflix.

I guess it's a good thing though because I sort of keep her grounded and she pushes me out into the world to socialise.

You know what they say, opposites attract.

My mouth gapes as she's wearing one of the most provocative dresses I've ever seen.

My mouth gapes as I see what she's wearing. It's one of the most provocative dresses I've ever seen. The neckline allows her breasts to practically spill out, and it has a huge slit near the thigh going all the way up to her ass. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun, exposing her pale neck.