6. M

Aya Weathers

My head pounded as I woke up entangled in the satin sheets of my bed. My hair fell lazily over my face, all in my eye and shit. Why am I naked?

"Somebody's awake." I heard a deep, groggy voice say from beside me. I whipped my head to the side to see none other than Chris, sinking his teeth into his bottom lip.

"No. No, no, uh uh. This isn't happening." I shook my head in disbelief.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm feeling like you need to get the fuck out." I brought the cover over my exposed body.

"And why exactly?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Anything we did last night, wasn't supposed to happen. That's why. So put your clothes on and get out." I instructed him for the second time.

"You're really gonna do this? So early in the morning, you're gonna pick a fight with me like this." Chris dropped his face.

"I'm not picking a fight with you. All you gotta do is leave." I wrapped the covers around myself to censor everything as I stood up.

"Why do I have to leave?" He crossed his arms.

"Last night was a mistake. The alcohol got to me. Now I'm sobered up, and you need to go. I'm not going to ask you again." I refrained from looking at him, fearing that maybe it was more than just the alcohol that got to me.

"Damn. You really just pimped me like that." He chuckled.

"No hard feelings, but I'll never let that shit happen again. Now come on." I threw his pants at him.

"Your shirt is in the studio, speed it up." I clapped to get him to move faster. He wildly threw on his pants and shoes, storming to the studio. He slipped his shirt on over his head and placed his cap on. He picked up his phone and made his way to the living room.

"Let me get a kiss." He looked at me with low eyes, licking his lips. I stared at him, only becoming mesmerized by his morning appearance. I shook off my thoughts quickly.

"Goodbye, Christopher." I looked away from him and down to the ground. He kissed his teeth and grabbed my chin, planting a quick, soft kiss on my lips. I didn't kiss back.

He grabbed his keys off the counter and left the house, leaving me encased in my bewilderment. I immediately dialed my cousin.

"Was Chris here last night? It smelled like expensive cologne, shea butter, and a slight hint of weed." Karilyn said as she entered my home.

"You know what he smells like?" I heightened my eyebrow.

"I've depicted it." She answered as she went to raid my fridge.

"Um, yeah he was here. In fact, that's exactly who I called you over to talk about." I scratched my head.

"Did something happen?" She furrowed her brows as she joined me on the couch after finding an apple in my refrigerator.

"Yeah, a lot actually."

"Well, I'm all ears." She took a bite of the apple.

"So last night he came over saying that he wanted to do some  writing. He brought a bottle with him. You know I don't really drink hard liquor like that, but I decided to take a few shots anyway, just to get it into my system."