Chap. 27 • "Emotions"

Aya Weathers

Me and Chris rekindled our relationship after we both agreed on his conjecture that Ammika's baby isn't really his. Here's why:

• I went through Chris's phone and he hasn't responded to her texts nor calls since me and him got together.

• He's spent majority of his time with me and Ro, so he wouldn't even have time to cheat.

• Ammika lied to him and said she was eight weeks, but she was really three. Or she lied to me saying she was three weeks, when she was really eight. Either way she lied.

I apologized to Chris too because he was right for the first time in his life. I didn't give him the chance to explain himself, which was unfair. I forgot how crazy of a bitch Ammika was and never considered the fact that she could've been scheming.

Now, I'm finally with my baby and his baby, who's really my baby. Ro is such an angel, honestly.

"A fish?" Chris tilted his head to the side as Royalty pranced around. We were playing charades and he really sucks.

"No, daddy!" She giggled and continued to dance around.

"A ballerina!" I exclaimed, finally catching on to her gestures.

"Yeah!" She jumped up and down and gave me a high five, causing one of the biggest smiles to form on my face.

"Man, y'all cheating." Chris waved the two of us off.

"Don't be mad 'cause you suck." I chuckled and stood up as the doorbell rang. I guess Chris expected me to answer the door, which wasn't happening. I had to pee. He kissed his teeth and stood up to go get the door while I made my way to the bathroom.

"Ammika? What are you doing here?" I heard Chris say, causing me to stop in my tracks. I instantly pivoted and peeked around the corner, seeing the devil in red bottoms that she ain't even buy.

"I can't see the father of my child?" She let herself in, her heels clacking on the heel.

"No, you can't show up unannounced. My daughter is here." He rolled his eyes, motioning to Royalty who stared up at them cluelessly.

"I'll be quick. I was just wondering if you wanted to go shopping for cribs and whatnot. I also want to get some clothes." Royalty glanced over to me and I signaled for her not to say anything. She stifled a giggle while nodding.

"We don't even know the gender. You can do that on your own time. I'll look for stuff for my house when I feel like it."

You won't have to look for shit if that ain't your child, but whatever.

"About that. I don't think it's healthy for children to live in two separate environments. I don't want my child to have to worry about when they're going to see their daddy again." She frowned slightly, causing my eyes to roll themselves. Girl, what?

"I have shared custody over Royalty and we're doing just fine. Suck it up."

Damn, he was being a little harsh.

Nah, I'm lying 'cause I would've said the same exact thing.

"Why have shares custody when we don't necessarily have to? It's not like you still have a girlfriend or anything." She started to push up on him, but she took a step back.

"You're the reason I don't have one because you wanted to lie to her and say you were 3 weeks. Or did you lie to me?" I could tell he was starting to get aggravated.

"I just felt that our relationship was more important now that we have a baby on the way. Family first, right?" The smirk on her filled lips was duplicitous. I wanted to smack the look right off her face.