Chap 33. • "Karma"

Aya Weathers

"I'm a country boy from Tappahannock. VA is where I reside so shawty understand it. And I know I just turned eighteen and I get a little mannish. And you see this bandanna hangin', that means I'm like a bandit."

My music blasted through my loud speaker as I danced around my kitchen while cooking. I decided to treat myself to breakfast since I really didn't feel like buying it. The music was so loud that I didn't know the door opened until I turned around to see Chris entering in.

"Somebody's in a good mood." He closed the door behind him and threw his keys on the counter. I guess I left the door unlocked when I went to get something out of my car.

"I guess I am, huh?" I shrugged and flipped over my pancakes before dusting my hands off. I turned to face him, seeing that he was coming in for one of my pancakes. I popped his hand with a scowl on my face.

"Damn, okay. Greedy." He rolled his neck with an upturned lip.

"You'll be okay." I pecked his cheek quickly before shuffling to find the cinnamon that I never use. Once I located it, I turned around to see Chris eating one of my pancakes piece by piece.

"I wanna go to the studio today." I told him before nudging him out of my way. I turned the stove off and dumped my pancake onto a plate with the rest, although there was one less now.

"We can. It's been a second." He accepted my proposal. I toppled syrup and cinnamon on top of my breakfast, placing a quick strawberry on top just to make it cute. Satisfied with my work, I set it on the island.

"What time you tryna go?" He asked as I rummaged through my fridge to find my fruit bowl.

"After I finish eating, and we shower." I set it on the island along with my plate.

"We? As in you and me?" He asked. I could feel the smirk he was giving me. I turned around to face him, seeing him step closer to me.

"I'm pretty sure that's what we means." I leaned against the island as his hand crept around my waist, pulling my upper body into him. He pinched my chin with his index finger and thumb to tilt my head up, pecking my lips softly before diving in completely.

The interaction only lasted a moment before I pulled away.

"Save it for the shower." I ran my thumb over his bottom lip, which is one of my favorite things to do. They're just so soft.

"Why you always playing with me?" He asked while kissing along my jawline.

"I feel like we've had this conversation before." I chuckled a little, planting a quick kiss on his lips one more time before turning around to enjoy my meal.

"Probably. You always doing some annoying shit." He hugged me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I know you ain't talking." I scoffed before taking a bite of my fruit. I glanced at Chris to see him eyeing my food. Rolling my eyes, I stuck my fork into a piece of mango and fed it to him like the child he is.

"I am." He said with a mouthful of fruit, chewing loudly in my ear.

"You're irritating." I mushed his head away from my ear.

"Oh, for real?" He tested with a heightened eyebrow.

"I'm playing. Lighten up shorty." I used his own lingo against him.

"Is that a fan I see?" He squinted at me.

"You wish."

~~~~