Chap. 37 • "Faded"

Christopher Brown

So this whole breakup thing isn't doing it for me.

Tory had a party at his crib and said I should slide. I ain't feel like going and showing my face, so I told him I would try to make it, but didn't go.

Tell me why the next day I'm on Instagram scrolling down the timeline and I come across a picture on the Shaderoom of Aya and Tory laughing it up together. At his party. Then on top of that, I'm 99.9% sure there was a blunt in her hand.

"Bro, you for real been talking to my girl?" I asked him with furrowed brows as I came into the studio. He was already rolling up.

"Ain't nobody been talking to Ammika bald head a—"

"I meant Aya, dumbass." I rolled my eyes.

"A? Well for one, that ain't ya' girl no more. You know, since you cheated on her and all. Second, she the homie. Why wouldn't I talk to her?" He scoffed and dug in his pocket for a lighter.

"She ain't even talking to me. We ain't together, what you gotta talk to her for?" I crossed my arms.

"Just 'cause she don't fuck with yo' yellow ass don't mean we ain't homies. Y'all business ain't got shit to do with me. She cool as fuck." He shrugged and inhaled the smoke, holding it.

"Then you had her smoking and shit. Aya don't even smoke, so the fuck was that?"

"Uh, no. I ain't make her do nothing, she a grown ass woman. She was complaining about me smoking, then she said she didn't understand the hype. I told her it just get niggas faded, calm the nerves. She asked to try and I hesitated, but passed it to her anyway. You should've seen her, weak ass lungs," He chuckled. "But she was feeling that shit once she got the hang of it. Although, I don't know why I gotta explain this to you."

"I just miss her, bruh. This shit killing me." I took a seat next to him as he passed me the blunt. I took a long drag, letting the weed get into my system.

"I'on know what to tell you. Shoulda listened to me when I told you to stop messing with Ammika. Does she know that it wasn't the first time?" He asked me, causing my heart to stop.

"Nah. I don't think so, at least. I ain't tell her. I think she only knows about the club night." I scratched my head. I messed with Ammika twice while I was with Aya. Both unintentional, but that don't really make it better, does it?

Why I cheated, I honestly don't know. The first time was when we found out Ammika was pregnant and Aya wasn't talking to me. I wasn't sure where we stood in our relationship, I just know I didn't like the way it was going.

One day, I was convinced we were through and she wasn't going to talk to me again. I got drunk and called up Ammika, only to check up on her. I ended up at her place, then the next day was her doctors appointment.

Then Nia's dumb ass called me telling me I needed to take Royalty. My mom was busy, so I called Aya hesitantly. Surprisingly, she answered. That's when I really realized that I messed up. She still answered, she always does.

"You slippin', Breeze. I wouldn't take you back if I was her either." He shook his head and took the blunt from me.

"Yeah, no shit." I rolled my eyes and rested my head on my fist.

"I don't think you got a chance no way." He told me honestly.

"What makes you say that?" I scrunched up my face.

"She came there with two girls. One of 'em looked like her, so I guess they were related, the other didn't. The one that didn't look like her," He shook his head and blew smoke. "Fine chocolate thang. I mean, god damn. Anyways, after Aya smoked, them two started flirting heavy. She wasn't that damn high, but they started kissing and shit. I'm surprised Shaderoom ain't catch that one. Point is, I think she feeling shorty." He shrugged.