Aerospace I - Lunar Radiance

Lunar Radiance

some short novels and shorter novels have been written.

Lunar Radiance
Lunar Warp
Lunar Harp
are the first three.

Aerospace I : The Lunar Cycle

This Aerospace Series is © copyrighted as of November, 2016.

There are six collections free to those who want to take a look. I have added footnotes.

Public Domain material. Just respect me as the author.

Lunar Radiance

Gordon Best

Part I

Chapter 0 : Meditations on a Hole by Anthony Perera

People who think they know me feel that I like the roots of mountains, as in the trolls in the old fairy tales. But the truth is that I am indifferent to close spaces. I work there, organize others to do that job, of digging and tunneling. I feel much better sitting on my foothill looking down at the distant hole with all the heavy dusty machinery moving about, and conveyor systems humming at a comfortable length away.

The number zero and tunnels have something in common. They allow the disappearance of distance and space. They open new possibilities. They lead man where he could not go before. Even worm holes are tunnels. They aerate the soil and on a larger scales they eliminate galactic distance and cross-pollinate civilizations.

The roots of the mountains have secrets. There are events going on in there. At a different size and time scale. There is damp down there; cold and heat. Rivers flow through caverns hidden for millions of years. Seams of iron, crystal and gold lie waiting.

We have not begun to explore this, our home planet Earth, because we have not explored the roots of the mountains. They are friendly beings, with long interesting lives. They grow, reign then dwindle to foothills or rocky shoals. The constant change in the consistency of the rock, metamorphic, sedimentary, igneous and primarily if water and ice have been messing with it, cause havoc with the tunneling machines, TBMs. If those machines are making subway tunnels, then you have all the other hazards left by man's handiwork. But I don't do that kind of work.

Here on my knoll, I sit working, reading the plans. Keeping the whole operation going by anticipating hazards, accidents, ordering parts, that I know will need replacement. I keep a list of people with different skills, so that any breakdown on the human side will not slow the operation. I am in touch with my foremen at all times.

My regency has reached a threshold. This moment will teach me that thresholds mean change.[1]

Chapter 1 : Mountain Roots

Ali and Alex McLean went to China in 2030 at the request of the Chinese authorities. The last four years they have been very busy in the Chinese government space program, involved in developing the stages of their Moon mission. It was this young couple, that established the Habitat Lunar System. They made the program a reality in the Chinese mind.

With this new initiative, deals were running chaotically through the Canadian Mining and Equipment community. There was money to be made and few people wanted to site the McLean couple as defectors.

The McLean family had started out in Calgary at Highwood Space University. Married, they produced four children, girls. Studies for Ali ranged in the social direction. For Alex it was the biological studies, with specialties in plant (vegetation) transfers from Earth to the Moon and Mars. But he would disappoint many by taking a 100% interest in Lunar studies and little in the other orbs of the solar system. Or so it seemed.