Chap. 44 • "Bonnie N' Clyde"

Aya Weathers

"So what are you here for?" A girl with fair skin and brunette hair with honey colored highlights took a seat next to me. Right now I was at the video shoot for Easy with Chris and Danileigh.

Fun fact: The idea for the shoot mostly came from our day at the dance studio.

"I'm here with Chris. I'm his songwriter." I gave her a quick smile. I think it was Chris's makeup artist.

"Oh, right! You're Aya! God, how could I forget so easily? Chris talks about you constantly." She chuckled and facepalmed herself.

"Does he really?" I questioned, softening my tone.

"Hell yeah. Even when he's picking his outfits he'll be like 'Aya might say I look crazy' and put it back."

I sighed deeply and recounted on the countless amounts of times I had to tell him some of his outfits were ugly. "Nice to know that I'm thought of."

"Yeah, it really sucks that the two of you broke up. You guys were so cute, and it seemed as if he really liked you. I know Chris can be a tough cookie to crack sometimes. I just know he had a soft spot for you though. I still see it in him."

I could feel the heat growing in my cheeks, which only cooled down when the thoughts of our failed relationship came passing by.

"Hey, don't give me that face. There are always trials and tribulations in a relationship. Mistakes are meant to be learned from." She placed a hand on my shoulder.

"If you knowingly do it more than once, is it really a mistake anymore?" I spoke in a melancholy tone.

"You don't always learn a lesson on the first time getting taught. You'll almost always need extra help."

Damn, I never heard that one before.

"He only learned because he got caught." I crossed my arms and pouted slightly.

"Getting caught up was also part of his mistake. He should've known better than to do something you wouldn't approve of. He should've known it would've came back to get him. I think he knows now."

"How do I know he knows? Okay, sure, he's nicer now, more caring, considerate. You can be all these things and still be a cheater. What if he's only acting that way just so I'll get back with him?" I stared at him all the while I was speaking, his silhouette being nothing but a blur.

"Isn't that how a boyfriend should act? When you mess up and regret it, you take all measures to make sure that it doesn't happen again. You do all you can to make sure that the other person feels special, as they should constantly. He misses you, Aya."

I miss hi— No. Not again. Trust is something serious to me, and he didn't take that into consideration then, so what's so different now? He knew I was hesitant about it all from the start, but that didn't stop him.

The music that filled the room came to a pause, so the girl—I think her name is Jessica—stood up.

"Think about it." She gave me a faint smile before strutting in Chris's direction to do whatever she had to do with his face.

This entire cheating gig still bothers me now that it's mentioned. I forgave him and all, I let it go, I'm just still wondering why. What went so wrong to the point where he had to cheat not once, but twice. With the same person.

I mean I thought we were doing good, he seemed as if he was really working on being a better boyfriend. So what part about the commitment got him?

Just as I was about to get some writing done, my phone vibrated, which usually never happens unless it's drama, or my cousin wants something.