Chap. 47 • "Between The Sheets"

Aya Weathers

"Aya, what is taking you so damn long?!" Della shouted from outside of the bathroom door while I examined myself in the mirror.

"I'm not too sure about this." I said in a hesitant tone. The oversized cropped sweater, but I was a little iffy about the underwear. It was cute, but I wasn't really liking it on me.

Right now we were in Salt Lake City for the third show and the boys left out to go get something to eat, so all of us girls are cooped up in Chris and I's room so they could take my pictures. Della was being serious.

"I'm sure you look fine, let me see." I sighed deeply and opened the bathroom door, stepping out cautiously. The room erupted into gasps, causing my cheeks to burn.

"Girl, you look amazing. Shut up so we can take these pictures." Lindsay complimented, calling me over.

Luckily, I'm not too unfamiliar with posing for a picture.

I took a seat on the bed and picked up a rose that they placed there. I leaned against the bed with my left hand while the other held the rose up to my nose. She snapped the picture, indicating that I needed to switch positions.

This process went on for a while until we had about 15 pictures. I looked over them and they weren't bad at all, better than I expected.

"Girl, what was Chris thinking? You are literally everything." Tacir asked as we looked over the pictures. I shrugged.

"Speaking of Chris, how are you two? No problems?" Della asked.

I shook my head. "There aren't many problems to have when we're just friends."

"With what benefits?" Lindsay raised an eyebrow.

"No benefits. We're cordial." I told her truthfully.

"Y'all about as cordial as Fefe and his girlfriend. I see the way he looks at you, the little twinkle in his eyes. The way he talks about you when you're not around. And don't think I haven't seen you either. Don't you miss him just a little bit?" Della pinched her index finger and thumb together.

"Of course I do. I'll always miss him. But my pride and my head are still struggling to find that soft spot that my heart has for him. He isn't to be trusted just yet. He needs to work for it."

"When do you think you'll trust him again?" Tacir asked.

"Somewhere along the line. I like that he respects my boundaries and knows what he has to do. He's trying to prove himself to me. He may think I don't notice, but I do, and I love him for that." I smiled to myself.

"Good, 'cause that boy is so lost without you. This friend shit is eating him up." Lindsay added, causing us all to laugh.

"Of course, I'll have to talk to him before any decisions are made. See where his head is at. See what he plans to do differently if he really wants me back."

"So if he's in the right state of mind, you'll get back with him?" Tacir questioned.

"Nope, I gotta make sure he knows I'm not one to play with again and I'll cut him off in a heartbeat for the second time if he ever try to cross me again. Plus, I still kind of want to know how the cheating happened, why he didn't tell me, all of that."

"I figured the two of you held that conversation already."

"Nah, it was straight arguing the minute I saw him. When I say it was on sight, I mean it." O chuckled and looked at myself in the mirror.

"He need his ass beat." Della mumbled, thinking we didn't hear.

"I second that." I scoffed.

The sound of the door unlocking and opening startled me, as we all watched Chris walk in with two bags of food and a cup holder. He didn't notice all of us and was just focused on not dropping everything in his hands.