7.❄❆ Exasperation ❆❄

I'm with You - Avril Lavigne

I'm standing on a bridge I'm waitin' in the dark

I thought that you'd be here by now There's nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground I'm listening but there's no sound.

Aurora was seething with anger. She was angry with herself for losing her temper and crazy mad at Quinn for driving her up the wall, in the past Quinn had tried many times to rile her up but they were all indirect. And what has she ever done to her, as per Aurora it was nothing since she or Ben or Olivia never called Ricky to join them when he was with her, just a tiny wave from them and he would leave her immediately to have lunch with them, and all the parties Quinn had thrown in her place was skipped by Ricky so he could have greasy Friday movie night with them. Quinn was too beautiful, so she never understood her starvation for attention.

The biggest thing she was worried about was what Phoenix would think of her. This is wrong ... this is all wrong. She was not supposed to become close with anyone, especially Ricky's roommate. Aurora swore not to let him or any other girl affect her again.

Aurora sat in her usual seat she preferred and rested her handbag in the seat next to hers, but Phoenix didn't come. 'Must be busy fondling with Quinn in the bathroom stall.' Aurora thought. The class ended, but Phoenix didn't come.

Aurora's frustration reached another high. She put her bag in the chair so Phoenix couldn't sit there. Then why was she waiting for him to come? Frustrated, Aurora went back home without attending her last class with Ricky.

❄❄❄

After cleaning the last tile off of any germs, Aurora called it a day. She spent her whole day washing and cleaning, making sure to keep her distance from the balcony. She didn't even open the curtains. 'That would send him a message' She childishly thought.

The next day, she didn't bother to step on the balcony and watched the sunrise from her window. That was a first for her. She even called in sick and demanded the work mailed to her from the professor's assistant.

She did not receive any call or text from Ben or Olivia, not even Ricky knocked on the door. All because of Phoenix, they have new friends now. Aurora's overthinking led her to think that she was disposable. And here she was, lying down, staring at the ceiling after twisting and turning in the bed for hours, if someone were to knock on her door and ask why she was so angry she wouldn't have any answers, isn't it what she needed, to be left alone?

Not again... never again ... She won't let them get to her.

❄❄❄

The next day, Aurora woke up early to follow her usual routine. She brooded over whether to cook for them. If they can forget her, she can too. But still cooked for all of them, convincing herself that the food was for her.