Chap. 56 • "Remorse"

Aya Weathers

I jumped up from my sleep, giving myself whiplash as the blood rushed to my head. Once I regained consciousness, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. It wasn't mine, wasn't Chris's. Oh shit.

I frantically looked around for my phone, spotting it on the ground, along with my clothes. I grabbed it and shakily turned it on, seeing a plethora of missed phone calls and text messages from both Chris and Karilyn.

Karilyn
Aya, where are you? It's getting late.
Is she spending the night here?
Aya.
Who did you just leave with?
Are you drunk?!
Aya!!

Chrissy
Yo, Karilyn is looking for you.
Why ain't you answering?
I know yo ass ain't start drinking
Is your phone off?
Baby...
Wait a damn minute.
Who the hell is this bro?!
1 Attachment
We leaving with niggas now? Really?
I swear to god if you don't answer this damn phone
AYA
1 Attachment
So you did all that preaching about me cheating and here you go. We was supposed to be in this together, but yo' ass wildin. Fuck you.
And you still got the nerve not to answer? Yeah, you single single.

Rubbing my temple in confusion, I opened the second attachment to see what appeared to be a sex tape. At first I was confused as to why he would send me that, but then I noticed the tattoo on the girls lower back. It was my tattoo. This was me.

I tried to text Chris, but the message didn't send. I tried calling him numerous times and it went straight to voicemail. I dialed Karilyn and she answered the phone on the second ring.

"Thank God, I thought yo' ass was dead! What the hell happened last night, Aya?! And why is there a sex tape of you going around?!"

"I-I don't know what happened, I just—"

"Get yo' ass over here." She told me quickly before hanging up. Shakily, I grabbed my clothes and threw them on my body, my knees shaking in fear. What the hell did I do?

I grabbed my purse, making sure everything was in there first. As I walked past the mirror, I noticed bruises on my arms and hickeys on my neck. I bit down on my lip, wanting to cry. None of this is making sense.

When I crept down the stairs of the large house, I noticed that nobody was there. No cars on the street, nothing. Relieved, I ordered myself an Uber so I could go get my car.

Once I made it to Karilyn's house, I limped to her door, still in shambles. I knocked weakly, looking around anxiously. She swung the door open and pulled me inside quickly, slamming it shut behind me.

"God damn! Aya, what the hell is going on in this picture?" She pointed to me.

"I wish I could tell you, but I really don't know." I pouted, not knowing what to do with myself.

"When I said have fun, I didn't mean go out and get blackout drunk and cheat on your boyfriend!" She scolded me loudly.

"Then on top of that, you made a sex tape?! Aya, this is not like you, what the hell happened? Is it the stress—"

"Karilyn, will you shut yo' ass up for five damn seconds?! I'm confused myself here! I woke up in a bed other than my own, my nigga blocked me, and my ass is all over Instagram, so please!" I snapped at her, flopping down on the couch.

"How much did you drink last night?" She asked taking a seat next to me.

"I don't even know, I don't even remember drinking anything. The last thing I remember was the performance." I rubbed my temples, tapping my foot rapidly.