Chap. 72 • "Oblivion"

Aya Weathers

(Warning: This chapter contains sexual content.)

Today I was finally getting back into the studio so I could drop my EP. It's five songs, about 25 minutes long. This would've been dropped ages ago if I didn't get pregnant, but it is what it is.

Ayden and Kenya are with Karilyn right now doing who knows what. She spoils them more than I do, and I spoil my kids like crazy.

"Chris, what baby do you know that actually says goo goo ga ga? Like that's so retarded." We playfully argued over what Ayden was trying to say before we dropped him off. His little babbles are the cutest thing ever.

"I don't know, but that's what the lil' nigga said."

"Stop calling my baby a lil' nigga," I chuckled. "And what he was trying to say was 'my mommy is the best and I love her more than daddy.'" I summed up easily as the elevator doors opened. He probably didn't say that, but a girl can dream, right?

"You know damn well he ain't say that." Chris kissed his teeth and side-eyed me.

"He totally did." I defended.

I opened the studio door to see Tory and Tony sitting in there, nodding to a song that I haven't heard. Well I haven't been in here in several months, so I may be a bit behind on the times. Their attention turned towards the two of us, who watched them be in their own element. Both of their faces lit up with excitement and relief at the same time.

"Chris and Aya? Aya and Chris? Together?" Tory asked in a high pitched voice.

"Oh thank Jesus in the heavens above." Tony groaned in relief, raising his hands in the air. I raised a brow and shook my head at their newfound excitement just to see the two of us together.

"This is a thing again, correct? We aren't jumping the gun? Don't get my hopes up, Ms. Weathers—"

"Yes, it's a thing again. Damn, hello, how are you?" I scoffed and stepped inside of the warm studio completely, dropping my purse and keys on the coffee table.

"Where are my nephew and my slave master at?" He stood up and give me a quick hug and dapped Chris up.

"Is that really what you call that little girl? They're both at Karilyn's house getting their asses spoiled off." I chuckled and took a seat on the couch, sighing deeply at the feeling of the cool leather against my skin.

"Guess it's my turn next, huh-" I shrugged and opened up my laptop. "So when did this happen?" I assumed he was motioned to me and Chris.

"This happened less than a week ago when Aya decided to kiss me. I didn't ask for it at all, she made the first move." Chris told a half truth in that entire moment.

"So the lies just be flowing out, huh?" I turned to face him with a frown.

"Why did he kiss you, Aya?" Tony asked with a chuckle. I looked off to the side.

"Cause I wanted him to." I mumbled, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Oh, so y'all both guilty?! I sentence you both to the ELECTRIC CHAIR." Tory banged his hand on the table in imitation of a gavel.

"Tory, shut yo' high ass up." Chris scolded him with a dramatic eye roll. It was always nice to be in Tory's presence, no matter how much he irritated my entire being. I loved him, and he was family to me now.

His face formed into a pout. "I ain't even that high." he waved the two of us off, crossing his arms.

"Ain't no way you can possibly be the way you be struggling to roll up." I added. Laughter was heard around the room, but Tory sent me a long, evil glare.