Chap. 73 • "Dead To Me"

(I'm sorry I had to put the this song because the beginning is hilarious to me. Idk why, it just is 😭 'DONT EVER FUCKING PLAY WITH ME')

Aya Weathers

"Chris, Ayden wants you." I called after him as I bounced my fussing child in my hands. He wasn't hungry, he had simply just been longing for his daddy to hold him. I guess he's tired of me.

"Can't you see I'm clearly busy here?" Chris motioned towards him and the stove where he was struggling to make blueberry pancakes. For some odd reason, he wanted to cook breakfast in my house instead of letting me do it, and although I didn't quite agree with that, the word no and Chris don't get along too well.

A spare pan dropped on the ground as Chris swung his elbow back, struggling to flip the pancake. It knocked over some of the pancake mix, spilling a bit of the powder on the floor. Chris looked down at the mess, then up at me with a guilty look on his face. "I didn't do that."

"This is why I said you should let me do it. You can't even cook." Ayden crying in my ear only irritated me more, along with Chris's disobedience.

"I can cook! You're just picky. Ro Ro, come here and taste this pancake for your Daddy," He called after his daughter who watching something on TV and dancing with Kenya.

"Your cooking sucks, Daddy." Royalty said while out of breath and turned her attention back to Jojo Swiwa who was singing some kiddy song. Ain't this girl like 16?

Chris kissed his teeth. "Fine, Ken Ken can you try these pancakes for Uncle Chris, pleaaaase?" He begged. Sighing deeply, she took her attention away from the TV and approached us two. "Watch this." He turned to me with a smirk. I raised an eyebrow as she skipped over and opened her mouth wide. He popped a small piece of one of the pancakes in her mouth. She jerked her head back, chewing with a disgusted look on her face.

"Aw, come on. You were supposed to be on my side here!" Chris pouted. I giggled and patted his broad shoulder.

"It tastes bad, Chrissy." She said with a frown. He kissed his teeth and crossed his arms.

"Man, why are we eating breakfast at 12:30 in the afternoon anyways?" He complained as if he wasn't the one that offered to cook it.

"All in favor of going out instead of eating Chris's terrible cooking?" I said. Kenya, Royalty, and I all raised our hands. Ayden was still whining in my arms, which caught Chris's attention. He took our son out of my hands and held him with a pitiful pout on his face.

"You like my cooking, right?" He asked Ayden. "Of course, I do, Daddy. You're a way better cook then Mommy." He spoke for him in a weird, babyish, country accent. "See, he gets it."

I elongated my features, giving him an oh-really look. "Uh huh." I nodded with a smirk on my face. "The mall it is then, cause I wanna get Cinnabon."

"I'll drive!" Chris shouted with my keys in his hand. I snatched them from him, shaking my head.

"You offering to do things is why we're in this situation now."

••••

As we were walking through the parking lot of the mall, I noticed a few nearby paparazzi snapping pictures and knew this exact moment would end up on either TMZ or the stupid Shaderoom that never knows what their talking about.

It was cute moment though. Kenya held on to my right hand, Royalty latched on to my left. Chris had Royalty's left hand and carried Ayden with his other. We all looked so family orientated, you would think these were all my kids.