Medicine • Short

Aya Weathers

"Bro, this shit won't sit up right..." I mumbled as I tried to set up my camera and it kept leaning. Once I finally got it to sit up straight so my full head was in the camera, I turned on my ring light. I checked my appearance in the camera and turned in on.

"Hey guys, it's ya' girl Aya and I'm back with another pointless ass video. Why do y'all even watch me? I don't do shit..." I looked off and pondered for a moment. I mean seriously, what is so interesting about me?

"Anyways, I don't know if y'all can tell, but I'm not at home. I'm actually alone at Chris's house right now. He left out to get us something to eat, and I told him I wanted to stay back because I had some writing ideas and wanted to work on them. But I lied. Instead, I'm actually about to prank him." I chuckled maniacally. Shit like this always gets my adrenaline up.

"So before I came over, I went out and bought this," I dug in my overnight bag and pulled out a black bottle of tablets, stifling my laughter. "I got these Max Performer enhancement pills, and I don't wanna go into too much detail about what they do, I hope y'all get the idea. If you don't, ask around, cause chile I ain't got the time."

I set the bottle to the side and sighed deeply. "Anywho, I'm basically gonna drop one of these bad babies in Chris's drink and we're gonna see what happens. Hopefully, they work the way I want them to." I clapped and rubbed my hands together.

"I don't know if this is kind of illegal or not, so like, I'm not gonna suggest y'all to do it. But if it ain't and you tryna help your man 'get it up', I say go for it. The thing about Chris is that he's already 'up' 90% of the time, so if anything, I'm not doing anything to him that he doesn't already do to himself. I'm just making it worse."

I checked the time on my phone, seeing it was 6:30. I looked outside to see the sun brighter than usual. "So I have two cameras set up, one in the living room and one in here. There's a bunch of rooms in this house, but I hope I can get him to just stay between these two rooms. He can't sit still for shi—"

The sound of the door opening and the alarm going off caused me to stop dead in my tracks. My eyes widened and my heart immediately dropped.

"Daddy's home, mama!" Chris shouted from downstairs, closing the door. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. "Okay, so as y'all can hear he's home, and I'm nervous as shit no lie. Chris is a new person when he gets in his mood, but wish me luck." I sighed deeply and turned off the camera, hiding it in my bag. I opened up the pill bottle and took out one, hiding the bottle in my bag. I stood up and jogged downstairs, seeing Chris unpack our food items. Chipotle.

"You got my favorite?" I poked out my lip as I laid eyes on my chicken bowl. I always get the bowl and then three taco shells on the side, because I like the chicken tacos but there's not enough actual meat and shit on them.

"Yeah, I had to think about it, I almost got you the regular tacos." He placed his hands on my waist and shimmied past me, going to wash his hands in the sink. I eyed the two drinks, identifying the Hawaiian Punch as his and the plain old Sprite as mine. He knows I always get Sprite for some odd reason.

"Good job, I'm proud of you." I nodded and took his drink out of the cup holder, removing the lid from it. He scoffed and turned around, dropping his face when he saw me taking a sip of the drink.

"Now why didn't you just tell me you wanted punch too." He pulled his lips to the side.

"I didn't. I just wanted some of yours." I shrugged. I set the drink down and dropped the tablet in it behind the lid so he wouldn't see, and swirled the straw around in it. I placed the top back on the drink and set it off to the side. I took my bag and migrated over to the living room, plopping down on the couch. I glanced at the camera that was hidden on a shelf behind a few pictures.