Chap. 75 • "Home"

"What is done in the dark shall come to light."

(Getting ready to tug on some heart strings, yessir 😎)

Christopher Brown

"I'm surprised he slept that entire time." I told Aya as she held a sleeping Ayden in his carrier. We had just gotten off of our flight and we're finally in Virginia.

"Both of them, hell." She motioned to Kenya, who was stumbling over her own feet as she held onto my hand.

"You gotta wake up before you fall and bust ya' head open, kid." I rubbed her head. She rubbed her eyes and held on tighter to my hand.

"Are we gonna go back to your old neighborhood? I would love to see it." She looked around the airport.

"Yeah, we can later. I need a nap. I'm lagged."

When I woke up from my nap, I noticed that I was the only one in the room. I yawned and sat up, throwing the covers off of me. I stood up and stretched my bones, groaning when my back cracked loudly. I shuffled over to the window and pulled the curtain back, seeing people down in the pool. I picked up my phone off of the charger and shot her a text, asking where she was.

Chris Jr. ❤️💍
down at the pool with the kids. khari wants you so can you come down?
3:45 PM

I texted her back 'yeah' and sighed deeply. It makes me smile when I think about how far we've come. This girl has really changed my life for the better. She gave me the best gift in the world, a baby boy. I rarely drink, don't even wanna party anymore. She even got me smoking less weed. Like me? Without weed? Who would've thought.

I've never been heavy on the thought of marriage, only once, but that didn't go as planned. Yet, I slowly feel that thought creeping up on me when I'm with her. It's just crazy, we went from fighting and screaming to being a family. Sometimes I get the impression that we're toxic, but I'm fine with that as long as were only toxic for each other.

After I was ready to go, I threw a cap on my head and grabbed a towel. Assuming that Aya had her key card since I only saw mine lying out, I left out without it. Once I got downstairs, my eyes immediately landed on Aya sitting by the ladder, cooing at Ayden. Her head shot up when she saw me approaching her.

"You enjoy your nap?" A smirk tugged on her lips as she handed me our son.

"Very much so." I smiled and kissed his cheeks as he clawed at my ear.

She stood up and stretched. "Good, because I got kicked off of the bed for that." She kicked off her flip flops and tied her hair into a messy bun. She was wearing a pretty high-rising yellow two piece, and you could just barely see the small red tattoo on her lower back. It said "miracle" which is what her name meant.

"I kicked you off for real?" I stifled my laughter as she approached me.

"Yes. and it hurt. That's why we all dipped on yo' ass." She nudged my arm playfully.

"I'm sorry, baby," I grabbed her chin and pecked her lips. "Next time record it."

She kissed her teeth and drew her fist back, causing me to flinch. "You lucky you got my son in your hands, 'cause you would've caught this number five with an extra dry biscuit, quit playin' with me."

"Now we both know that you know better. What happened the last time you wanted to play fight?" I raised an eyebrow. A blush crept up on her and took over her whole expression as she glared at me.