40. ❄❆ Broken Promises ❆❄

Unsteady - X Ambassadors

Mama, come here Approach, appear

Daddy, I'm alone'

Cause this house don't feel like home

That afternoon after his father left for office Phoenix went to the hospital to meet Ricky

"Lost your way, Captain." Ricky taunted.

"I see you are back to normal."

" I can go home tomorrow.." Phoenix contemplated how to respond to that ,Ricky hasn't been home after the incident .

" You need help..??" Phoenix asked

" I think I am good . Minnie came by this morning . She left an hour ago ..." Phoenix didn't know how to respond to that "....she came alone.." Ricky smiled"... drove all by herself . It was the first time she did that . She turned 18 last month .." Ricky smiled proudly ".. she said she was nervous at the parking and ran to the elevator . She did it for me . Me." Ricky said with a hint of surprise ,he couldn't believe Minnie had faced her fears for someone like him .

" Of course she did it for you . You are her brother , She loves you." Phoenix tried to make him understand .

"Am I now.? because I haven't done anything to prove it so far." Ricky's heartbeat spiked. Phoenix moved his gaze to the monitor.

" There was nothing that could be done about it , We both know it."

"A year, Captain A year." Ricky said quietly . Phoenix couldn't stomach the haunted look on his face . he pleaded to his best friend , "Even if you had received that call . The damage was done . If you think she did not have anyone to save her back then . Well, She still doesn't have a brother . That girl is so brave, Ricky . You have no idea ,She is making an effort to know you ,brother . Don't discourage her spirit ,she wants your support."

" I...." Ricky couldn't talk , the lump in his throat was choking him ,Phoenix quickly handed him a glass of water "....I could have helped her sooner . We could have helped her . But I was in school , enjoying the limelight as the new Phoenix Anderson . And my mother was busy playing house with her new husband, how could she be so blind how could she not see the emptiness in her daughter's eyes . My father did not even try to have her custody . So tell me why did Minnie forgive us . Do you think she can stand the sight of the three of us, On a dinner table . The ones who have failed her..??" Ricky graveled , fisting the sheets .