Chapter Twenty-Three

Edited: 5-21-24

Void's POV

I woke up in Daeus' arms. The last thing I remembered was passing out and a voice talking to me. When my eyes opened and I saw Daeus staring down at me, I felt relieved that my separation from him wasn't permanent. I was back with the only thing that mattered and that was him, my savior.

Daeus didn't notice me immediately, but I was content to snuggle in his arms. When he finally looked down, I smiled and his face lit up. He sat me down beside him and I finally got a look at the surroundings. I had expected us to be back home, but we weren't. Instead we were on another moving platform. It was weird, being on this transportation thing because it was nothing like what I was used to seeing back at Earth. Come to think of it, I'd never seen cars here or anything similiar, so when we first boarded one of these, it had been very exciting.

Only now, there were three Honeycomb instead of four. Two were Daeus and Yupo, two that I expected to never leave me, but the third was unfamiliar. I recognized his bright pink dyed fur from the leaders we saw back at that meeting, but I didn't know him. He sat completely opposite of us and was watching me with curious, silvery pink eyes. When he noticed me looking at him, he smiled and gave a small wave with one of his hands, but I turned to Yupo and hid shyly beside her as she chuckled.

As the ride continued, Daeus made a seat beside the new Honeycomb and the somber, saddened feelings I felt coming from him made me very upset. I sat beside Yupo, uninterested in looking around the platform or taking the treat she tried to give me and it was because his feelings strongly influenced mine. I don't even know why I started to feel his emotions, it just happened and it was wonderful to know what he was feeling, but sometimes, I don't think I liked knowing that he was upset.

"Your bond seems like a very interesting thing," The new Honeycomb spoke, his voice carrying over to my ears. Interested in paying attention to Daeus, I perked up a little and watched them. I couldn't understand them, but I'd done well to understand body language.

"He's more than I could have hoped for. I can't thank you enough for taking us in. But . . ." Daeus looked at me, but I couldn't smile. The saddness in his eyes was too much. "I don't know how well he's going to take to not being able to see Mint and Unit anymore. I'd finally gotten him to be sociable this past week and now everything's being ripped away because my father despises me."

"I understand how you feel. When I was young, my division was the only thing I cared about. When I became king and my time with them became very, very little, it was a great burden. Our real families are our divisions. Most kings grow so used to being without one, they don't understand that."

"Where will we stay? In your kingdom? Void can't be around too many Ekhad at once. He's come from a bad past." My name caught my attention, so deciding that I was apart of the conversation, I stood up and walked over to Daeus, ducking beneath his legs to peer curiously and shyly out at the bright pink male my alien was talking to.

"Yellowjacket Kingdom has ten sectors. Despite that, most are very small. Bee Kingdom may be the smallest in territory and sectors, but my kingdom has the smallest population. My son, Prince Allaior has set up a large estate for you in his sector, the tenth. It consists of three islands, two of which have less than ten divisions each. We take very good care of everyone in our kingdom." Something in his words must've been good news, because Daeus wasn't completely sad anymore. Maybe this Honeycomb was friendly. He sure looked friendly. By his skin color and parts of his fur, you could tell he was a dark red Honeycomb, but the majority of his fur was dyed bright pink and everything about him, from his posture to his gaze radiated a welcoming feel. He'd been one of the leaders up on the stage so maybe he was a leader of some sort.

"Once we get to Yellowjack Kingdom, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't have any ownership to anything from Hornet Kingdom. I didn't own any of my own things. Would you maybe . . ."

"No need to finish that sentence, Daeus. Allaior has it all put together. We'll arrive at the palace and there you'll find a team waiting. Deodiar and her division are one of the top ship crews in all of Cera. She'll be delighted to be working with you. One of the research divisions will be there as well, led by a male known as Oppe. You and your mate will be the captains of the ship and I've assigned these two divisions as your team from here on out. As ambassador of the humans, you've got a lot to do and you need the best of the best."

I watched as the Honeycomb smiled while he talked. His eyes even smiled and that's how I knew he was sincere. Unlike the other leader Honeycombs, he didn't look down on my Daeus and I had no need to be afraid of him. When he looked down at me, I waved at him sheepishly and he waved back. It caused a small happy chirp to come from me and he laughed lightly.

Maybe the Honeycomb weren't so bad.

Maybe I didn't have to be scared anymore or ever again.

Maybe . . . just maybe . . . this was home and no matter what, I never had to be scared again because I knew that even if Daeus wasn't around, there would be plenty of others just like him. And they would always bring me back to the one that I loved. For Daeus wasn't my owner or my care-taker. He was my guardian. He was my savior. And most of all, he was my home and nothing would ever take me away from him - never again.